FEOA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
You betcha! :D It's been done to a GTX'ed GT so it can deffinately be done to a regular BP.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
marclar is currently doing his SPI as well and should hopefully be done this week. I'll be doing my SPI when Ultra MegaSquirt comes out. If you'd like the contact info for Jacob Russel (guy with the GTX'ed GT on MS) then pm marclar. He has been working closely with both him and grizzy grahm (don't remember his real name, oops) on how to set it up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm installing a megasquirt on my altima this winter, I have the damn thing done and sitting on my desk just waiting to go in. But the weather is nice enough i can still drive my car and I like driving it to much to park it early.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Think Haltech but loads cheaper, does almost everything it does, is fairly easy to install and tune and you have MegaSquirt. Depending on it's form MegaSquirt can be just fuel management or a full standalone engine managment system. One of the key differences though is that you build it yourself. That or have someone do it for you. It's built around the Ford EDIS module that us 2nd Gen. 1.9L owners just happen to have in our cars stock. :D Sorry GT guys and gals. We had to score somewhere. :lol:

·
Registered
735 Posts
So, ignoring the price difference, why would one prefer Haltech over Megasquirt? Can you just hook up the haltech without having to convert to EDIS? How hard is it to convert a 1.8 to EDIS? A Megasquirt how-to would do us all nicely :)

·
Administrator
39,324 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Jacob Russel is the man to hit up for a how to on converting a BP over to EDIS and wiring up MegaSquirt. Also it will do full timing control in the MegaSquirtnEDIS or MegaSquirt II version which are both out currently. However the kick @ss of all MegaSquirts, the Ultra, won't be out till Spring 05.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts