FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a search, but for some reason it always says "module isn't active".

I have motor mount inserts I want to install; how do I get to the motor mounts and where are they?

Also, I am looking at getting lowering springs, a short shifter, and Underdrive pulleys. Which of each do you all recommend?

Andrew

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
It always helps to tell us what kind of motor and car you have.

I don't know if you're talking about a 2G LX or GT, or 1G LX or GT? 3G SE?

No one can answer your questions until specifics are given.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, they were the first site that I went to, and I have a lot of my first choices from there, but I was seeing if there were any others that were recommended, ie, B&M or FWM short shifter? Eibach or Progres ssprings? AFX or Esslinger UDP?

Andrew

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
B&M makes a good shifter, better than any thing pacesetter I've heard.

lowering springs is amatter of experience and opinion...of which i have none.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Progress & Eibach both make great quality springs.

What are you more concerned with.. looks or handling. Both will help in both arenas. Progress usually tunes their springs for great handling with looks coming in a close second. Eibach's lowering springs are usually designed for the perfect drop 1st and handling a close second.

Either way, grab some S/R Tokico shocks to mount them onto... they were made for your car.

I'm very happy with my B&M shifter.. but it was very pricey.

From what I've seen, Esslinger makes some great quality stuff for the Zetec. I can't say how it compares to AXF stuff though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info.

I think I will go with the progress, I had H&R's on my SVT Focus and it was about perfect for me, and the Tokico's.

B&M will likely end up in there too.

What does S/R stand for? I have never heard that term down here.

And how do I lift my engine to install the motor mounts? And where do I get real motor mounts, not just the damn inserts? Please help, I have been looking for FOREVER.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
'S/R', as in the ZX2 S/R. It came stock with Eibach springs on factory tokico gas charged shocks. You can buy the shocks at [ur]www.oemfordparts.com[/url]. Just search for 'tokico'. They'll only run you $150 for the set. The fronts have shortened rods for longer travel on lowering springs.

As for the engine mounts.. a floor jack and a block of wood under your oil pan goes a long way. There should be two mounts on either side of the engine blocks at the bottom, and one mount up top at the passenger side fender. I can't say exactly where they are on your Zetec.. I've only worked on my LX, but I never found an easy way to access the rear mount because of the subframe. The front was a peice of cake. The top one I haven't messed with, but it looks easy enough.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info... the "fender" motor mount, as luck would have it, looks perfect... I think the other ones are jacked up.

Are they the same size as the one on the fender? I have 2 sets of motor mount inserts and I want to know if they will fit. They definitely fit the top mount....

Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.