FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was just going to say you cant contridict what you say in the question or else your answers will end up looking like this:

"No you dont have to change the mounts at all, as long as your fibulator is on the right hand side of the rear left wheel"

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
marclar said:
someone move this to the proper place... if you wanted to drop a 1.8gt into a 1.9lx body youd have to change more than the motor mounts
that is not the question he is asking we are all lost or i would do it seems i have powers in here.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I'm thinking he wanted to do a 87-90 GT H.O swap into a 2nd Gen. LX 1.9SEFI. But that's speculation. Also not probable since the tranny is different, motor mounts are different, ECU is different, sensors are different, etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
dont take this the wrong way bud, but if you dont know the engine displacements and different trim levels.. *Step away from the car, and put the tools down*

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
drivinonthinice said:
I'm thinking he wanted to do a 87-90 GT H.O swap into a 2nd Gen. LX 1.9SEFI. But that's speculation. Also not probable since the tranny is different, motor mounts are different, ECU is different, sensors are different, etc. etc. etc.
i covered this subject rather well about 3 months ago cause people had been asking in an offical thread on it. i have owned 2 gen2's (lx an gt) and 2 gen2's (both gt's) and helped 91sleepr on his spi swap. i know the motor mounts rather well. its will take to much work to do a gen1gt motor to fit when you can get an SPI with less miles. i could go on........

NEUMAN

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
umm i believe he is talking about a 1st gen ho swap into a 1st GEN lx.. he should have stated that.. but im suprised no 1st genners posted up. i mean seriously, ford made a 1.8 lx in the 1st gen, if im not mistaken, and i know they made the 1.9L ho motor.. so yea oh well i doubt he wil ever check up on it again.... quiter lol
-Justin

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
They never made a 1.8 1st Gen LX or any trim model 1.8 1st Gen. At least here in the states that is.

And neuman, I said it wasn't probable that he could. Meaning not really possible. :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts