FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most power that people have gotten out of there 1.9 and 2.0 CVH motors. Looking oversees and you see 300hp is normal out of 1.6. Has people hit that mark yet. I figure it is possible seeing that we have larger displacement and all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good number but is that the most so far. On average I have seen 150-190 range for a lot of the CVH motors. So I figure if I wanted high horsepower than I want to go with the BP or the Zetec motor. I lean more toward setec for a few reasons. Larger displacement, huge aftermarket support, and can be used with the edis setup with megasquirt without real modifications. Thats just me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You see a lot of people running 370-450 hp with the zetec tranny without too much of a problem. I know with just about any car the tranny is the limiting factor. In this case I am trying to see which route I would benefit more with. The CVH motors does have more tourque than the zetec and BP but the DOHC heads flow far better than the cvh heads. There are more off the shelf parts for the DOHC motors but everything is custom for the CVH. Yes I like to be different but a little off-the-shelf stuff wouldnt hurt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everything like the internal block parts are hard to find. The only ones that you can find is over see's for the 1.6 and the american block is bigger than that. Now I have managed to find quite a few zetec rods and pistons. Is it possible for you to put the zetec crank, rods, and pistons (Flat tops not 4 valve releif) in the SPI block. If it is then its game on then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.