FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to beat a dead horse but...

I have a '95 LX. Of course I want it to handle better but I also want to keep my fillings and let my wife drive it. I don't really want to lower it cuz it would really stiffen up the suspension. I would like to get springs from a GT. They are a little firmer than those on the LX hatchback right?

Also for struts- from what I've read in the suspension forum the Tokico ZX2 struts from that Ford dealer are the hot setup for lowered rides but how about stock ride height on an LX? Those are $160 (still??) for the set but I could get KYB GR2s from Advance Auto Parts for about $210. Which strut is best for stock ride height AND improved handling???

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
If you don't want to lower, dont' get the S/R tokicos.. their shorter rod length will mean the suspension won't travel evenly. The GR-2s are great shocks for what you want. As long as your rear springs aren't broken.. keep them and put them over a set of GR-2s.

I don't believe the GT's springs are any stiffer stock.

You may want to look into Intrax springs.. they're soft and they're low.

My H&Rs (which are supposed to be the stiffest lowering springs) with the S/Rs are reasonably comfortable.. I'm in no danger of losing any fillings when I hit a pothole.. and the ridehight is barely reduced. The stuff in my glovebox rattles a bit, but other than that there's really no downside (I haven't even bottomed out the car yet).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts