FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,125 Posts
When you say sloppy.. what do you mean? Is it big motions (swaying) or lots of little motions (bouncing).. or what? Does it ride like stock, or worse than stock, or just not as good as you'd hoped?

In other words.. unless your front springs are broken.. you shouldn't have any trouble w/ the setup you have.. unless the shocks are bad.

· Registered
2,125 Posts
Yeah, springs, of all makes, are supposed to be bouncy. That's the idea, they absorb energy and then return it with little loss. The stiffer they are, the more bounce. The shocks are supposed to absorb all the energy, so if the car is bouncing or even swaying, it's because the shocks can't tame the springs. This is why, when upgrading to stiffer springs, you cannot use stock shocks. Stock shocks can't tame stiff springs. If you're using stock springs, the shocks to use would be stock strength up to 30% stiffer (like the KYB GR2).

Siragan is right.

· Registered
2,125 Posts
FourDiceS04 said:
Ever since I got my new supension "monroe sensa-trac" I noticed that my front is kinda sloppy because i didn't change the front springs.
FourDiceS04 said:
I do not have the monroe struts and srpings, i have the original "that came with the car" that is why i would like to buy the matching springs to go with the suspensions...
*is confused*

So what you're saying is that you replaced the rear struts (shocks and springs) only.. and have not put anything new on the front?

From your first post it sounded like you replaced the shocks front and year and only replaced the rear springs.

Sorry then, for the weird discussion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.