FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well didn't Alonso get points again!
Winner: Montoya. The second person to win the Indy 500 and the Monaco GP. Graham Hill is the other.
This is Williams' first win there since Rosrberg in '83.
The most significant event was saturday morning when Button crashed heavily and was disallowed from Qualifying, and then from Racing.
Frenzen crashed early in the race, there werea few retirements to car failure, including Villeneuve's grenading Honda. Looked like this: :blob6: .
Not really too much excitement, The Ferraris didnt get set up just right in time, and the poor qualifying made them try long stints, which didn't pay off. Ralf, after only his second career pole, held the lead for 20 laps, but had a bad pitstop. Raikonnen had a late charge to take second only 6/10ths behind Juan, but there is no way to get by anyone in Monaco. MS came home third. Kimi holds the pionts lead by 4 over MS. Kimi's pretty good! I saw Damo Hill ther with loooong grey hair under a baseball cap :rr: . Not relly much news from Monaco, but silly season has started:

DC to Jag?
OP let go from Toyota?
I forget the rest of them
Why did they have Q1 on thursday and take friday off? I've never seen F1 observe a holiday. :toothy7:

·
Registered
141 Posts
To add one thing to the silly season. Bar might have their cars seized until they can pay one of their sponsors 3.2 million. And Bridestone flat out brought a horrible tire. When MS spoke out about it Bridgestone basically ignored him.

"Details of the situation are still very sketchy at this stage, however it appears as if one of the Brackley based squad’s sponsors, Teleglobe, were forced into liquidation a few years back and the funds were meant to go through a third party, PPGI. However, the funds never arrived and PPGI have now obtained a judgement from a Monaco judge to seize the cars in lieu.

Legally with a sum of over three million dollars being owed, the three contenders could be seized at the end of the race (Monaco), however team boss Dave Richards is sure to sort the mater out before this happens and is no doubt finalizing a solution as this article is being written ... "

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:notworthy: Well done Brad - super concise review as usual. :notworthy:

Viper - thanks for the interesting info. :eek:ccasion5:

Right - here are my impressions:-

Fabulous yachts; fabulous diamond; fabulous weather. :blob8:
Race? :sleepy2: Can't really add to Brad's comments - only that I gave my DoD to Alonzo for making up two places at a crucial moment (even though it was through pit strategy). Nevertheless, he drove an exceptionally good race - yet again. One to watch when the teams change drivers in the future!!

Looking forward to Canada next - Monaco is not a 'racer's race!' :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.