FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I have a moment of silence please for a fallen friend............. Our good friend Steve-O (Stephen Farnsworth) was taken from us today in a traffic accident. I (we) will miss you very much...

11-13-87 to 5-12-04

Grav1ty

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I am sorry for the loss. Is he from the board here? I know a few people on other boards posting with the name stevo/steve-o etc. as well but do not recall the last name. My deepest sympathies to all his friends and family....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He doesent post but he is always reading it over my sholuder. He only got his license 1 month ago. I got him hooked up with an old 82 rabbit and he was going to learn to drive it with me @ the autocrosses.

Grav1ty

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
grav1ty said:
He doesent post but he is always reading it over my sholuder. He only got his license 1 month ago. I got him hooked up with an old 82 rabbit and he was going to learn to drive it with me @ the autocrosses.

Grav1ty
Wow just reading that blew me away. That's so shitty man. I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: :cry:

May I inquire as to what happened?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He was heading out to ride mountian bikes @ a local trail (friends were waiting @ the trail) and took a tight lefthander and got loose, back end came out and he went to the inside of the curve and was hit head on. Killed on impact... bad enugh they have to use dental records for a positive id...

Grav1ty

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
same here. Always sad to lose someone. Its good that you were trying to get him on the right path with autox Etc. No matter how much experience you have you can always hit that one little thing you are not prepared for.

·
Registered
624 Posts
dude that realy sux. Last year i had to respond to an accident where little did i know that it was my bestfriend that was in it. i had to see the whole accident scene and pull his body out of the corvette he was riding in.

Ps. i am severly sorry for what has happened recently in your life, i know what you are feeling right now.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the link to the newspaper story. http://www.mlive.com/news/jacitpat/inde ... 366040.xml

This is the link to the photo in the paper http://wryday.com/~edson/rabbit.jpg

I have known him for at least 10 years. He was the Revrand Farnsworth's son and home schooled.... my house was "shop" class where he learned cars and welding and stuff....He was a real good helper and cought on quickly to things. Hell he even had the same birthday as I just younger...

Grav1ty

·
Registered
822 Posts
i'm sorry for your loss, it's too bad, he was only 17? accidents like that happen here all the time. every graduating class from my high school, has had at least one person die, some were from accidents like that.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah, that really sucks. But it's the same here. We lost 3-4 people out of my graduating class to car accident related fatalities. Everybody on the road just needs to take it a little bit easier, be more cautious and less distracted. Myself included.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Your friend was an Eagle Scout?

I'm terribly sorry to hear that he died anyhow, but as an Eagle scout myself it strikes me even more to hear that such a dedicated young man was taken so early... I'm sure he had much more to offer this world. My deepest condolences to you , as well as his family and other friends.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Wow, such a young Eagle, I reached that rank over two years ago, and I know exactly what he had to do to get it, it wasn't easy for sure... once again I am filled with sorrow for your loss, I only hope that he didn't feel any pain. ("Killed on Impact" is hard to say in my opinion, it's not like he had a heart monitor that said when he died, I know of a few people that were merely unconcious, with very weak pulse and no breathing but cops thought them DOA, and they nearly didn't make it.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts