FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these related? About 6 - 8 weeks ago the splash guard on the front passenger side came off and went skidding down the road. :eek:

A couple of days later, I drove through a puddle and the serpentine belt came off.

We put it back on and everything was fine. About two weeks ago, I was driving home from work and it started raining. The belt came off again. So I had a new belt installed and on Friday, it started raining and the belt came off again.

Is it possible I need to replace the splash guard? Or is there some other insidious issue looming under the hood?

FYI The belt was replaced about a year and a half ago since it came off then, too.

Thanks

Rob

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
the belt shouldn't come off because a little water gets in there.

is there an odd wear pattern on the belt?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out the tensioner had a bushing on the back side not only go bad, it was gone.

45 bux at Advance Auto and 2 hours later, problem fixed.

Not bad considering this car still has the original battery from the factory in it. :D

Although the Service Engine light came on a couple days later. I fueled up the car and the light went out. Apparently, if you don't screw that thing on and click it a couple of times, that happens.

So far, the little lady's done me right.

Thanks for the info gang.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts