FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go buy some cheap mesh from Home Depot or something tonigt, but last night I got to thinking about how I am going to mount it. I would like to put it where my stock grill would be, (it cracked and felt like a good time to put mesh in), I would also like to mount it in between the two driving lights. Oh yeah, does anyone know where I can pick up one of those indiglo ford emblems?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I´m pretty sure Central Coast Mustang has the indiglo ovals, but I´m having a tough time grtting to their site. I know I´ve seen an ad for them in the back of Muscule Mustangs and Fast Fords

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
I got my "Lumilogos" at Canadian Tire through their special order performance catalog. They are $hit! The front one doesn´t work anymore because the rain and stuff get in. The rear one still works but the chrome is all pitted and uglyfied. :-|

[ This message was edited by: MadBrad on 04-04-2003 21:19 ]

·
Registered
35 Posts

I just did a mesh grille for my 89 Pony. I used some "Gutter Guard" stuff from Home Despot, which is meant to keep leaves and shlt out of houses´
rain gutters. The piece was about the right size and it only cost $1.50. I bent it to fit, painted it, and attached it with epoxy.

Colin

·
Registered
26 Posts
colin, did you just take an lx grille and cut out the center bar, bondo the missing part, and put in the mesh? how difficult was it?

·
Registered
750 Posts
yea that gutter gaurd works great....for a fraction of the cost....for a "mesh grill" its about 50+ a pack out here....when i can get more then enough gutter gaurd....me, my friend, and my brother use that....if you want u can paint it and it looks fine....And i liked that grille....like someone else asked did you cut the middle part out...it looks good

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
My custom grill is on page 4 of my website. The mesh is the APC aluminum from Auto Zone and Advance Auto. It wasn´t hard to bend it too shape for my grill. I used zip ties and the screws that go with the grill brackets to attach it. ;-)

·
Registered
750 Posts
so all u did was cut the middle bar out, i want to do that to my car.....i think it would look much better...and ill be takin pics for the before shots...and plus dont mind my rear bumper some dumbass smacked my car

·
Registered
26 Posts
cutting the middle bar out is the 1st step, but then you will have holes in the sides where the bar connected to it. you will have to somehow fill those holes in and then it will need painting. good luck, and if you get it all finished do a write up for us on how you did it (a how-to)!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts