FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran out to do some errands yesterday. I return to find that my wife has hung up some Xmas ornaments and decorative stuff. That's ok; less for me to do.

Then I see one of my torque wrenches on the kitchen counter. Huh?

highanddry: "Hon, why is my torque wrench in the kitchen?"

wife: "Oh, I dunno."

highanddry: "Whatta ya mean, 'I dunno'? It was in the garage when I left."

wife: "Well, I couldn't find a hammer, so I used the torquey-thingy."

highanddry: "I don't suppose you realize it's a sensitive, calibrated tool?"

I love my wife, I really do. But clearly, there are fundamental differences between men and women. Know what you're getting into before you enter the sanctity of marriage. There were no less than four hammers in the garage that she walked by before she found the torque wrench.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I did that before... but by accident.... and well, it was my school shirts that turned pink!

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
lol man, my mom did that on accident once. was washing all of our gym clothes. my sister had purple ones, she was at jr high, and i had gray ones at high school. well, i ended up with pink ones after that. :(

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I dont think that all women are that tool stupid....no offensive to your wife what so ever, maybe i just know better then to grab mikes torque wrence to hammer crap into the wall. maybe you need to give her a lesson in tools 101.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
highanddry said:
I ran out to do some errands yesterday. I return to find that my wife has hung up some Xmas ornaments and decorative stuff. That's ok; less for me to do.

Then I see one of my torque wrenches on the kitchen counter. Huh?

highanddry: "Hon, why is my torque wrench in the kitchen?"

wife: "Oh, I dunno."

highanddry: "Whatta ya mean, 'I dunno'? It was in the garage when I left."

wife: "Well, I couldn't find a hammer, so I used the torquey-thingy."

highanddry: "I don't suppose you realize it's a sensitive, calibrated tool?"

I love my wife, I really do. But clearly, there are fundamental differences between men and women. Know what you're getting into before you enter the sanctity of marriage. There were no less than four hammers in the garage that she walked by before she found the torque wrench.
funny u mention taht.. today at co op, the mechanic in the bay beside me was replacing the llower intake manifold gaskets on an Intrigue or something..

he was starting the rebuld it all, and got out his torque wrench to torque down the rocker arms.. turn out it's been sitting since thursday backed off so far the handle was stuck. needlesss to say, he was pissed :lol:

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTGirlieGirl said:
...maybe you need to give her a lesson in tools 101.
I've been doing that since we met :D . I'm selective in which tool I use though 8) .

Back on topic though, my wife hates how much time I spend working on vehicles and engines. She's probably trying to ruin my tools on purpose.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
then maybe that will teach you to manage your time a little better between her and the car. I know how that is though, we need just as much time as your car. and even someone like me who likes cars needs to have a freakn break from them.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife must have gotten to you somehow...you sound just like her.

Give me a break - I come here so I don't have to listen to comments (pronounced nagging) like that :lol: .

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Im not naggin im just stating the truth. I think thats why you are getting your pantys in a bunch.....Just remember that if you piss ur wife off she can turn the nookey off real fast! LOL!

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, she's seven and a half months pregnant, so you can take a guess at what's going on with the nookie. I'm already sanctioned...sort of. :cry:

Maybe the hormonal changes explain using the torque wrench as a hammer.

I'm gonna have to have a word with your husband. It's time you guys got a bun in the oven so he can enjoy being cut off too. Then he'll be on here venting at all the weird things his wife does when she looks like she swallowed a basketball. 8O

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Word of advice.... from now on, start the lessons with the tools that can be ruined easily and take precise measurments and stuff!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
LOL...no babies right now. we have opnly been married for 6 months. i think that we got a while. you are right he will be on here venting im sure. LOL. I owuld love to see a man try to be pregnant though. then we could vent about you guys LOL.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
haven't you guys seen that women's tool kit that is a high heeled shoe in blister pack? and the highway shot where all the signs say "bathrooms" with arrows?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts