FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is said real men only use a barbeque to cook. When the man decides to take over the cooking duty to help out, events always occur as follows:

The woman goes to the store while the man lounges by the barbeque drinking beer.

The woman returns with meat, potatoes, green beans, french bread, macaroni, and wine, which she had to go to a different store for.

The woman unwraps the meat, puts it on a plate and gives it to the man.

The man puts the meat on the barbeque and resumes lounging by the barbeque drinking beer(or standing by the barbeque holding a spatula) while the woman makes mashes potatoes, steamed green beans, macaroni salad, garlic bread and dessert and sets the table.

The woman yells to the man that the meat is about to burn.

The man removes the meat from the barbeque and gives it to the woman, then resumes lounging by the barbeque drinking beer.

The woman serves all the food onto the table and calls everyone for dinner.

During dinner, the man asks the woman how she enjoyed her day off.

After considering the look he gets from the woman, the man concludes there is just no way to please a woman.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I dunno fellas, ever since I started watching the Food network on cable, I've been whipping out some really good dishes. Try pan seared salmon with lemon-dill sauce, or herb-crusted chicken breasts seared in marsala wine... Women love it when you cook for them, as long as the food is high caliber and not reheated Steak-Ums. You can win serious brownie points this way.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I dunno, I usually don't get much help when it comes to barbeque. I found that as long as you can grill you can cook anything. Thanksgiving turkey? yep, low heat and LOTS of propane. Actually tastes pretty good. Gas grills are the stove of the future.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've learned to smoke with my gas grille. Try soaking mesquite chips overnight in apple cider. Then once your grille is warmed up, sprinkle the chips near the flames. Reduce heat to low and let smoke... Works particularly well on hamburgers.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
You guys are making me hungry...

Mad: was this what you concluded after the holiday weekend you had at your house? :p :lol:

My mom used to do all the cooking...until one night...my dad took over!
And let me tell you what... my dad can cook very very well...he started cooking every night after he got home when I was in the 5th grade and all through middle and high school he'd cook...my favorite is when he makes a bucket full of HOT chicken wings...basted in "Captain Bob's Jet Fuel" brand hot sauce....*drool* your mouth --> :violent3: <-- Captain Bobs jet fuel

But his ribs are to die for...slow cooked over his propane grille and basted with bbq sauce from the local meat shop....mmmmmmmmmmmm

damnit now i'm making myself hungry! :wink:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Althought I'm a fan of NC style BBQ sauce (vinegar based), the best sticky sauce is homemade. Coke, Heinz 57 and some golden's spicy brown mustard.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Men set up the barbeque: Men cook the meat: Men go off to the pub: Who washes the dishes, cleans out the charcoal and barbeque grills and who puts the barbeque back in the shed till next time? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I love cooking. I do almost all the cooking at our house.

I'm learning to grill and got an awesome BBQ book. I'll have to get you the ISBN zeemax. it has a ton of cool tips like the one you were just talking about. I made some chicken last week that grilled/smoked on a charcoal grill for two hours. I've been hounded ever since to make it again!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Foxy said:
Men set up the barbeque: Men cook the meat: Men go off to the pub: Who washes the dishes, cleans out the charcoal and barbeque grills and who puts the barbeque back in the shed till next time? :banghead:
Actually, she calls me 'kitchen bitch' because I do the cooking and the dishes. I know where everything goes and I don't like anyone else being in my kitchen. Been working on converting it over to a semi-restaurant style so I can have more space to work with. Nothing like not having counter space.... ok enough groaning now.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The tip about the mesquite is a good one. I have a bucket full of mesquite chips in my closet. Whenever I am planning on grilling, I soak a handful overnight and BOOM! great flavor!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I scalded myself making Macaroni and cheese last week :( But I learned not to hold the bottom of the strainer 4 big blisters on my hand.

Hot pockets and beer :D a minute ten in a 1300W microwave adn lunch is served.

My mom told me I used to be a really good cook when I was little, Im not too shabby when Im trying to impress.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Holy snapper. Where did you find this little treasure in the archives?

I'm not sure if I can cook. There are a few meals I know I can make that haven't killed anyone yet. However, I have my wife convinced that I know nothing about the kitchen or how to use the oven. Because she is a nurturing soul, she took it upon herself to be the one to prepare meals.

It's perfect. She makes me a lunch every day for work and cooks dinner every night. In the summer, I barbeque once in a while.

I love my wife. Without her, I'd have died of scurvy long ago.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Actually Mike does most of the cooking at our place to. not that I dont know how to cook, becuase I do, thats just the way that it usually happens. everytime that I go to cook he usually comes in the kitchen and takes it over.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Its called Christmas and I think there were 3 active people including myself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts