FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 with a 1.9 spi hybrid swap with a t3/t4 turbo 42lb injectors. I have a MSII v 3.0 and I have everything installed but I am having a hard time with getting the car running. Is there anyone that canhelp me with this. I have checked all the megasquirt forums and seems that no one even post on there anymore. I just need to have a base tune to start with because I have went through 4 sets of spark plugs and over 10 taking my battery to get recharged. Please someone help.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Pretty vague request ... does it start - run at all?
New harness, hacked up OEM harness - what?

How do you go through plugs?
10 times to charge the battery - better buy a charger! Just cranking and no start - not wired right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It cranks and starts and then dies, if I keep my foot on the gas it runs very rough but it runs which means that it is too rich.

It is a new harness not a hacked up OEM harness. I went through that many plugs because I am running extremely rich. Just need a base map to work off of so I can atleast have something to work with.

·
Registered
378 Posts
like2ride said:
No one has a base map they can help me with. There are a lot of people on here with megasquirt.
How many did you turn up with your search?

++++++++++++++
Very FEW people w/megasquirt ... not a lot.

You're asking for a free tune and probably won't find one and there probably isn't one that fits all.

Without a wide band you're guessing about what is going on . Won't idle can be many things and that doesn't mean it is rich.

However, if you think it is rich then put OEM injectors in it and give it a try ... you should not get into boost in the driveway.

Be sure you have the engine assembled correctly with the timing belt ... could be wrong or 180 degrees out.

Look for massive vacuum leaks and put a vacuum gauge on it if you can.

Be sure you have told the Megasquirt that you have 42# injectors and then verify that your MAF is good. At idle (1000 RPM) the MAF voltage should be ~ 0.8-1.1 Vdc.

Set the base spark for idle at 24 degrees BTDC.
+++++++++++++++++++

If none of that works then I would put the OEM harness back in and then just the J# port for a new chip to tune it. You have to know what you're doing to use the MS which includes knowing what you need to a basic tune to get it to run. The OEM ECU will already have that for you.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just lean the entire map by 10% and try it. Still too rich, go a little more. Turn off your warm up enrichments until you have it somewhat steady. Get it to operating temps then fine tune the idle in that operating range. After you've got that down, let it cool overnight, turn warm up enrichments back on and tune them to have it idle correctly from a cold start. After that, get a wide band set up and street tune slowly using the ve analyzer in megalog viewer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got it to start and idle fine as a fuel only set up. It wast the constants req fuel. Now I just need a little help with the spark table. I just cut pin 1 on the edis module and wired it to the Tach on the relay bord and cut pin 3 and wired it to S5 on the relay board. Everything else is still hooked up like factory. The problem that I am having is that with the ve and af table that I have I cant get the car to run well with the spark map.

I unkooked the Saw wire and with the timing light the car ran at 10 deg BTDC (limp home mode) I have the trigger angle set to 0 like everyone has told me to. I had gotten a timing map from off line coppied from a zvh motor and it seems to run rough but only for 5 sec. Can anyone help me with this part. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
like2ride said:
I got it to start and idle fine as a fuel only set up. It wast the constants req fuel. Now I just need a little help with the spark table. I just cut pin 1 on the edis module and wired it to the Tach on the relay bord and cut pin 3 and wired it to S5 on the relay board. Everything else is still hooked up like factory. The problem that I am having is that with the ve and af table that I have I cant get the car to run well with the spark map.

I unkooked the Saw wire and with the timing light the car ran at 10 deg BTDC (limp home mode) I have the trigger angle set to 0 like everyone has told me to. I had gotten a timing map from off line coppied from a zvh motor and it seems to run rough but only for 5 sec. Can anyone help me with this part. Thanks
I don't know about your hook up. I'd have to do reasearch to see how ms hooks up to ford ignitions. I run ms2 v3 in my tpi jeep without any problems. I started with a timing offset of 10 degrees. Then I set my timing map to all 15's. I adjusted my timing in gear at idle for the highest map reading. From there I added timing as rpms went up till 32 degrees at 4,000 rpm. After that, I had friends drive the jeep around town and on the highway, up and down hills and so forth, as I adjusted timing as we went for best performance without spark knock. It's not as good as a dyno, I still run into problems occasionally (towing up long hills) but it was within my budget and works well. Again, sorry I don't know about your hookup or ford ignitions in particular, be sure that the timing signal you are supplying to megsquirt is stable, not being changed by edis or whatever. If it's at 10 degrees at idle it has to be at 10 degrees at max rpm for megasquirt to make sense of it and produce a usable ignition timing output.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
after next weekend i will have a decent tune that you can use if you want to try it? I am running 43lb injectors/TFI for input ign. signal/ IHI Hybrid VJ11-Turbo coupe turbo /a MSD 6AL/Inovates LC-1 wideband.Roadtest tune is what i ment as of now it builds 7psi on rev of 7280 in nutral, IAC does not work and will be one of the things i am getting to work. i am using the GM fast IAT sensor not the ford one and i am no longer VAF/or a MAF dependant.Ofcorse you would need to calibrate you IAT/and CTS to match.
Tha code i wil be letting you use if you wanted to try would be MS-II Extra code V2.1.0 or 2.0.1. Sorry its 2:30 am here so if i don't make much sense atleast now you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.