FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has been covered on here but i cant find a constant answer. ive heard many different things. also im swapping a bp not a SPI. dont tell me to do it cause its easier i have a whole gt parts car.

i know for the swap i need the wiring harness, tranny, axels, complete motor, radiator.

one thing im concerned about is the fuse box under the hood. ive heard i need to swap it over.

also ive heard you have to splice and mess with some wires from the guage cluster so the tach and temp guage will work.

diagrams would be nice but any info or issues anyone has run into please let me know.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Just swap everything... If you have a complete parts car, it is a lot easier. Swap the complete wiring harness and dash harness, and then use the GT cluster, and swap your speedo from the LX cluster to the GT cluster to keep everything correct.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh so much work. lol

but how hard is it to take off the dash?

thanks for the quick response.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
The dash isn't too hard to take out. I have swapped the dash in my blue car many times. I can take a dash completely out within 20 minutes.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
And it's good practice for when you have to replace the heater core!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha well this should be fun. im going to start this sometime tomorrow.

if i have any questions ill post them up

thanks again

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have timed myself pulling a dash on 2 occasions. The other 10 times or so were just learning exersizes.

15 min on a junk yard car

25 on a car I cared about (peircemotorsports pink rally car)

To do it in 15 you will need to pop a hole in the windshild in 3 places to get your 10mm rachet through the glass to reach the bolts near the front. Its tight to get a big hand and a wrench in there, but it can be done.

pull all the plastics including the center consol and plate near the windshield. Drop the steering wheel, then look for all the bolts, three near the glass, 2 on each side mid line, one underneath on the sides and 4 in the middle

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
I've got the climate control cables down to a science. I swapped out my father-in-law's HVAC unit in less than 10 minutes without taking the rest of the dash apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts