FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats goin on everybody!

i would like to know, how much horsepower is the 1.8L DOHC capable of producing, with engine internal work head work, i mean all out, how much can the engine handle?

what are your hp numbers, with huge mods or even with small mods?
just want to know what is everybodys hp.

thanks

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Money makes power. Figure out how much you want to spend and we'll tell you how much power you can make. With enough money, there's no reason a 1.8 couldn't make well over two thousand (2000) horsepower.

You'd need a new heads/blocks/internals/turbos/alcohol/nitrous/transaxles (i meantioned everything plural, because at a certain point, you'll be replacing parts on a weekly basis.. this is why cars that make real power replace their clutch after every pass.)

With a nice bottom end and a pretty good turbo setup, you should be able to hit 300hp pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Stock internals, Stock VE rates, Stock valve train, Stock Lift & Duration, Stock trans, stock clutch (more then half-way blown), 1 small turbo, .7-.8BAR of boost, Enough fuel to power a 500hp small block chevy, Severe timing retard under boost:

I'm probably pushing 250-280hp, and 190-225ft-lbs, unconsitantly with a bad fuel pressure regulator and too much pressure increase on the fuel pressure riser....

I eat most imports alive, I spank 4.6L Mustangs like their a dying horse, and I hang with STi's no problem.

When I'm not playing around, I use my scort to get groceries :lol: :p

then again..... I'm only getting about 9-10 miles per gallon of premium now. :x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts