FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
hotscort said:
MAF sensor it on the LX's only! and what your looking for is a filter adapter right???
After 94 I believe it was the GT got a MAF, 91-93s had a VAF.

As far as Ideas you can either get another VAF/MAF from another 1.8 or get a Mazda RX7 VAF and throw a K&N FIPK on there while you're at it.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
James92Scort said:
hotscort said:
MAF sensor it on the LX's only! and what your looking for is a filter adapter right???
After 94 I believe it was the GT got a MAF, 91-93s had a VAF.

As far as Ideas you can either get another VAF/MAF from another 1.8 or get a Mazda RX7 VAF and throw a K&N FIPK on there while you're at it.
The correct answer is VAF from 91-95 in the gt modle and MAF in 96

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
see what i dont understand is how come everyone but james has to be an ignorant asshole about it, i was'nt sure wether it was a mass flow sensor or a vaf, there was no need to be an ass about it.and another question will the MASS FLOW SENSOR off an LX work on my car? or only the VAF, if not where can i get a VAF sensor NOT A FILTER ADAPTER what ever the hell that is

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
do yourself a favor and get an apexi safc. You can use basically any MAF you want from any car manufacturer, and you'll get lots of tunability to boot. Unfortunately, it'll run you about 300 bucks for all that stuff. On the plus side, you'll be able to use it on most cars in the future.

You can also buy things called "MAF adapters" which are basically circuits that will adapt a MAF signal to be compatible with a VAF signal.

In all honesy though.... that upgrade won't do a heck of a lot for ya.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you, i know it wont do much for me but thats not the only thing i am doing and do you know where i can get that vaf/maf adapter, also would you happen to know if any manufactuer makes a chip for the 1.8 and where can i get a gtx motor or turbo setup

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
pLx said:
see what i dont understand is how come everyone but james has to be an ignorant **** about it, i was'nt sure wether it was a mass flow sensor or a vaf, there was no need to be an ass about it.and another question will the MASS FLOW SENSOR off an LX work on my car? or only the VAF, if not where can i get a VAF sensor NOT A FILTER ADAPTER what ever the hell that is
everyone but me? or me but not everyone else?

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
I didn't under stand the question you asked. It didn't make any sense to me. Now that I am under standing a little here is a response.

They have no adaptors.
You have to use the VAF meter or your car won't start
There are no chips avalible
Call www.corksport.com for GTX parts

and you come off like an ass

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and you come off as an idiot... before you go saying there is none... search around or read the post somone gave me a link for one and i've already purchased it.. should be here in 3 days

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
^^^
Now that is a funny signature.

On another note, if you guys keep calling each other names, Slapyo's gonna send you to your rooms without any dessert.

If you have to say something nasty, say it about James. He's a moderator now, so he's not allowed to fight back.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
also i am sorry if i offended anyone its just when i ask a question i expect a reasonable answer even if its stupid... i dont expect ignorance

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
pLx said:
also i am sorry if i offended anyone its just when i ask a question i expect a reasonable answer even if its stupid... i dont expect ignorance
Onegimp said:
What are you talking about?
I was being ignorant by asking what you are talking about, :roll:

pLx said:
NOT A FILTER ADAPTER what ever the hell that is
First you are saying you are not looking for a filter adaptor and now you are buying one and I'm the idiot, why don't you figure out what the hell you are talking about before you get all defensive.

pLx said:
and you come off as an idiot... before you go saying there is none... search around or read the post somone gave me a link for one and i've already purchased it.. should be here in 3 days
You made it sound like you want some kind of adaptor that lets you convert from VAF to MAF.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.