FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just cleaned out my IAC valve and the rumblings and shutting off's have gone away, but now i have oil leaking from the oil dipstick, after i did a test drive i smelled the oil burning and thought it came from the gasket but i checked the oil with the car one and oil starting spewing out, waht could have cause this, did i miss to connect something or another problem just happened with my car? please help

· Super Moderator
5,987 Posts
is it pushing the dipstick out? that sounds like a clogged PCV valve.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, but could the IAC valve be faulty then? i cleaned it but did not checked if it rattled, i heard that if it rattles it still works, but then again i didnt hear it when i was cleanin it. would i have to get a new one?

· Registered
476 Posts
$3 for a new one, just get a new one. The oil is spewing from the dip stick tube? You might have fried rings.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea a mechanic had told me it could be a piston ring, this happened right after i put the IAC and everything else back together again and test drove it. What valve is three dollars, a new IAC is around 100 bucks, also is a new piston ring?

· Super Moderator
5,987 Posts
the PCV valve is $3 or so, thats what he meant.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all right! guys thanks for your help and support, i really appreciate it, i got it fixed, it turns out the breather was clogged up and was forcing the engine oil out,i bought one of those breathers that look like a mini air filter for 10 bucks at pepboys. im using it temporarily while i placed an order for a breather from my local ford dealership, only place i can get an original and of the same type. got a new elbow for that too, the other one had melted. i found out the precvous owner taped two tubes together to connect the heater hose to the AC, so bought a new elbow for that too, had too since winter is around the corner. Now all im doing is a new oil change, the oil had turned into sludge, yikes!! thanks again guys wont be the last time my car needs help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.