FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi this is my first post. im still in school and am not looking to spend a lot of money on a paint job. im just lookin to get something half decent for a reasonable amount of money. i was wondering if anybody on the board has used maaco, and if so, did they do a decent job. my friend used them and for about 800 they painted his integra. it looks okay but i want to know if the job will last a while before i spend the money.

thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
same

i got the 400 dollar paint job there and their work is goode....anyway make sure that you have your car prepped for the job(i.e. sanding it and or primering it)...they may paint the car but it may show some flaws but then again i sanded my car and primered it then i went to them to get the paint job cause i can't do it at my garage cause my wife is still pregnant and i can't afford that my baby would inhale the paint(i did the sanding and primering out the house though.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would do the sanding and priming myself but i have neither the time nor the skills. will they do it for extra? i also dont have the equipment so i think its out of the question for me to do it.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Your car will look good for few months, maybe even a year. After that you'll wish you had never gotten it painted. At least that was my experience. Only use those cheapo places for car paint if you are about to sell the car.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Sanding and priming is pretty easy to do on your own Justin. all you need is an electric sander (either disc or orbital) just be careful taking off the paint that you don't dig into the body, but that's easy to avoid. after that you can go to any autoparts store and buy some primer in spray cans, since it sounds like you don't have a compressor or sprayer. I helped my older brother do his 3rd Gen SE when he was having some body work done on a major dent. it was surprisingly easy to prep that car for apinting. and if you could even just find someone with painting gear you may even be better off seeing if they will let you use it, at least then if you fon't like the paint after a while it will have cost way less than 400 bucks.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
my whole issue with that is if whether or not they paint inside along the doors (the edges) and under the hood. and the engine bay is impossible, unless you pull your whole engine. no sense in getting a new paintjob, unless it's the same color you already have..

i'd trust having someone with a can of spraypaint paint my car before i'd ever make it maaco.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i finally got the car and it looks nice and feels nice....anyway i got the paint w/ a 2yrs warranty and i've updated my cardomain site and see if they are any good...anyway my bumper is not on yet cause i got another one(an old lady backed to it when i parked it to buy food after getting the car)....also the hood is not yet done and as soon as i finish the sanding on the hood scoop and primer it ill just bring it back there and they'll paint it for free....thanks....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks everybody for the input. i have a relative that has his own equipment and from what im told is great at painting, so im gonna talk to him for a price (it should be decent cause he is family) if he's too expensive i might just go with maaco because my friend's car and kikoy's car look pretty good, and i can always take the warranty just in case. plus, my dad has a friend that works at maaco so he might make sure they do a good job on my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts