FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lake superior pro rally is in my hometown of houghton, MI, this friday and saturday, so I'm itching all over in anticipation. I looked at the entry list and was pleasantly surprised to see two 1988 Mazda 323 GTX's and one 1989 Ford Sierra. I'll try to get pictures on saturday and post em here!!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I will be corner working somewhere along the stages. I'll try to get some pics, and some up-close video of cars zooming by. :)

Josh, maybe I'll see you. Not sure if I'll be driving my wagon up or not, but if I do, it's the black wagon with steelies that looks like ass. :)

--sarge

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey Sarge,

I'll be spectating friday at passmore and bob's lake, and saturday at delaware A. I have the loud little green LX with white rims and stripes :D

We should get together, I would love a ride in a turbo scort, just to see what its like.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hey, I saw your car at Delaware on Saturday, I ended up not marshalling on saturday, because we had to leave early to get back in time to set up our lapping day at the track in Shawano the next day.

I ended up riding up in my buddy tom's accord, and left the wagon at his place. good thing too, the forestry service shut down our access road because they said it was too muddy, and impassable.

we took 2 vehicles up, a honda CRV with 4 people, and 3 of us in the accord. me and 2 others worked stage 3 and 6 on friday night (got to the motel at 3:30 am, as 5 got cancelled and there was a HUGE delay on 4 while they cut up a tree and sent the first 15 guys back to start over.) and our friends were working 4 and 7. they left before 7 started though, the bastards.

You've seen Super Troopers the movie, right? Remember the 'meow' thing? We were doing that to spectators, as they came up to our car in the pouring rain expecting to see cars rallying. We were told to send them back to their cars and wait for an hour (or 3, as it turned out) and we would announce when they were sending out cars onto the stage. "Come over here meow. Go back to your car meow, we'll announce on a meowdspeaker when the meow stage is starting. Meow. Thanks, meow!"

Our friends in the CRV worked 9,12, and 14 also. I think they were parked right behind you, actually. You may have met them: Chris, Tanya, Joe, and Erik.

The other three of us spectated there for a while, and I was getting some pretty good footage, of the first few cars, but then the rain screwed up my camera.. it went all crazy, the last footage I got was of that subaru with the dragging exhaust flicking around the corner and hitting the ditch/wall sideways. and it was too dark to videotape at night when we were working. But, i got some decent pics of a bunch of cars when they were at the mall.

--sarge

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool!! I was at stage one, which went well, I drove it afterwards and couldnt belive how rough and muddy it was. My car had mud up to the windows on the sides.

I marshalled stage 9, and ended up going home for stages 12 and 14 because they had an excess of marshals, and I was getting a sore throat from standing in the rain for 4 hours straight. I saw the CRV, I dont think I met them though.

The urban camo colored 04 STi got owned by one of those white VW golfs on stage one friday!!! I was on a short straight between a left and then a right on stage one, I saw the STi come around the corner, then the golf, and the white golf blew right past him. It was great!! :D

just goes to show, drivers matter as much, or more than the car :wink:

I onl got 2 pictures before my camera batteries went dead friday, and I sure as hell wasn't going to take it out in the rain on saturday :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts