FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's better in your opinions: coil overs or lowering springs? and why? im looking intto getting some in the near-future. oh yeah, and if i buy the c/o's or l/s's what else should i get suspention-wise? :D

·
Registered
914 Posts
New struts, definitely. Otherwise you'll wear out the ones you got on there now real fast and it's just generally not good for your car. I hear Tokicos are pretty decent and they have the right size 'n all.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i want the springs to give the car a more sleek look on the road and also make it easier to make tight turns w/o it feeling like im damaging the car's suspention. i've driven other people's cars (that are lowered) and it feels like i can make turns easier... it's such a great feeling (except for bumps, which you feel all of them).

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You are better off getting a good progressive rate spring. both Eibach and H&R make really good sets that go for $200-$250. The Eibachs lower about an inch while the H&R's are about 1.3 inches. They are a little softer (than normal lowering springs) for general driving but still good for cornering.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I'm going to agree w/ Matt. Eibachs sound like the best bet for you.

Adjustable coil-overs should either be used by racers (hardcore street drivers) to dial in a perfect balance at a reasonable ride height, or on show cars for super low-lowering on cars that will never hit a pothole or be expected to handle.

I like my H&Rs, but they seem a little too harsh sometimes. They don't make the car look any better either.

Your next upgrade for your car should be a wheel/tire package and/or Matt's 1" rear swaybar. I've got some sticky Sumitomos on 16" wheels, the previously mentioned lowering springs and the rear swaybar.. I don't slow for turns unless I've got passengers aboard :twisted:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I have to agree....for what your situation is I would suggest a good set of progressive rate lowering springs...I have coils on mine...but then again I drive mine like a maniac most of the time...I corner very hard and fast whenevr possible...but it's just how I like to drive...they can be rough riding but I'm willing to put up with it...I would def buy struts...I made the mistake of not doing that the first time I installed a spring set...and depending on how low you go you may look into camber adjusters....oyh and one other thing...check out your strut mounts very carefully, as this would be a good time to change them...when you already have them apart for the spring install....

good luck wiht whichever you decide to go with

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts