FEOA Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mariowagon17 did you roll the fenders? I have some 17s I'm buying from a guy I work with I think they are konieg? Wants 200$ and they are in amazing shape.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wasthatawagon... is that a honda kit that you molded? that looks GREAT dude!!! i got to give you props for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
Here are couple picts of my 97... It really isn't much lower than stock... Wish the front was another 1/2 - 1" lower. Used KYB ZX2 struts on all 4 corners, Spax MX3 1.3" drop springs on the front, Moog Cargos with about 2" of coil cut off in the back.
View attachment 3838 View attachment 3839
The car gets driven hard & my rims/tires are wide enough that I can't really go lower without rubbing the rear tires (even with the improved suspension- potholes & large interstate cracks at high speed are the problem)... I have 14's going on it for winter- will trim the return on the fender lip next spring before I put the 17's back on it!
Well, I'm an ol' "want the look of stock" man, but that car IS PRETTY..... and what is that other Teal car behind yours?

Oh, and as I read further, I see novanutcase is nice too.... seems to be LOTS of nice cars around.... idea, if we ALL had to post photos, I'll bet it would force ME to improve my car in the "looks" category, ha.

Oh, my favorite colors are Teal and/or Gold [all SW's too] .... have and had both.

LarryR

Reactions: 945spdWagon

·
Gearhead / hot rodder with a soft spot for Scorts
1,046 Posts
Well, I'm an ol' "want the look of stock" man, but that car IS PRETTY..... and what is that other Teal car behind yours?
LarryR
Thanks Larry :) The teal car behind my green 97 was my teal/green 95...
I have been too busy to trim the inner fender lip- so I am still rolling on the winter 14's... When I first got the car it had steel 14's. I removed the hub caps, cleaned the rims up, installed some stainless beauty rings and chrome lugs... I liked it that way, but always felt the car needed some black or charcoal scallops to complete the look. Ended up selling those rims- so now I only have aluminum 14's, 15's & 17's to choose from. I am away from home for a while, or I'd try to dig out a pic of the car with the steelies & post it. I enjoy seeing the rest of you guys' cars- lets see some more picts! :)

·
2020 version. Lowered with pinstripes. ZX2 rims
16 Posts
AF270DAE-8AB2-41EF-83B9-4F90501C075E.jpeg
Late to the party but I just lowered my '94 a couple of days ago. Not a huge drop, just a subtle 1.25"in the front and 2" in the back with Megan springs purchased from novanutcase.
I think it looks like a family of four is inside driving home from the Hometown Buffet. Haha, I like it.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
View attachment 48180 Late to the party but I just lowered my '94 a couple of days ago. Not a huge drop, just a subtle 1.25"in the front and 2" in the back with Megan springs purchased from novanutcase.
I think it looks like a family of four is inside driving home from the Hometown Buffet. Haha, I like it.
That thing is going to look slick pulling up to the beach with your SUP strapped to the top!:alien:

I'd love to see some clear corners on your wagon. I think they would complement the color of the car.

John

·
2020 version. Lowered with pinstripes. ZX2 rims
16 Posts
I was thinking that it’s got to be a little easier loading and unloading it now.
I don’t know how people manage with full size SUVs. It’s got to be a hernia waiting to happen.
If I see a deal on some clear corners I might go that direction. The amber lenses do look kind of bold.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I was thinking that it's got to be a little easier loading and unloading it now.
I don't know how people manage with full size SUVs. It's got to be a hernia waiting to happen.
If I see a deal on some clear corners I might go that direction. The amber lenses do look kind of bold.
If you like them keep them. It's really a matter a personal taste but I really like the look of clear corners.

I'm trying to get a set of switchbacks to work in the turn signal so that when the running lights are on it lights up white but when the turn signal is on it turns amber. This way, without the turn signal on the entire headlight is white and not white and amber but, again, it's really up to your personal taste!

While probably not the most secure I bet you could wrap some hot water pipe insulation around the crossbars and bungee cord the board to the rack.

John

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
View attachment 48180 Late to the party but I just lowered my '94 a couple of days ago. Not a huge drop, just a subtle 1.25"in the front and 2" in the back with Megan springs purchased from novanutcase.
*Hold up chocolate milk in plastic cup*
"Cheers"

21 - 36 of 36 Posts