FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since ERDT is fried i havent been able to et any updated info on this and i oculd find anything on protegeclub, does anyone have ANY idea whats going on with this group buy? :(

·
Registered
411 Posts
tie bars

good ? was wondering this myself. Last I heard there was a delay due to the manufacturer ordering the wrong size diameter bars, so .......a few weeks maybe?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Yeah I talked to MazdaRacer a couple weeks ago and he said they got set back a few weeks because they ordered the wrong diameter material. He gave them the wrong specs from another project. So he got the correct material ordered and that's the last I heard but I haven't tried to talk to him again. I'm not worried, he's an upstanding guy. Just be patient.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
He has posted on here about them, a wrong size was ordered, was set back like a week, he was pushing the shop to make them as fast as hethey can, then get them powder coated asap. hes not slacking on it. if you need me to let me know i can give him a call and let him know you guys are still wondering or looking for a heads up.

·
Registered
451 Posts
sorry guys, been busy and haven't checked here in a bit.

I will be picking up the bars on Monday 10/18. Not sure what the extra week hold up was...only got to talk with the shop for 2 mins. but i will post again once i actually have them in hand and when shipping has started.

BTW, its CLUBprotege, not protegeclub :)

and for the record, the order mix up was my fault, not the shops fault.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I was preparing them to ship then i had a huge problem. The roof on my house had a leak and i had to shell out $2500 yesterday for repairs. So needless to say, i am in a world of hurt for cash to ship them.

I appologize once again for the delay (has not been a good 2 months for me) but please rest assured NOBODY is getting screwed and i will ship them as soon as i possibly can. I'm shooting for next week at the very latest, as i get a bonus check on monday. I will fricking take out a loan if i have to (seriously) because i don't want you guys to have to wait any longer than really neccessary.

I'm really sorry, please bear with me, it won't be long now.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Dude that freaking sucks about the leak in your roof. Must have been a good size leak. :( The bars wont' make it on the car till spring anyways so I'm not worried about you needing some time. :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
ya, rain in SoCal is the devil...lol

But i have worked out my cash problem, requested my bonus check early due to the leak and they overnighted it :) I have to work this weekend in return, so Monday they ship!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
some have shipped, some have not, i'm stuck trying to find boxes for these. The ones i did have got soaked from the rain last week.

Fear not, they ARE shipping.

·
Registered
411 Posts
got mine and installed yesterday, they look awesome, and are surprisingly light, for their size.....cant wait to get my car off the jackstands to see how she handles with them

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Hey MazdaRacer, got the bars the day before the wedding! That's got to be the best wedding present ever!!!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
drivinonthinice said:
Hey MazdaRacer, got the bars the day before the wedding! That's got to be the best wedding present ever!!!
^^^^^ This guy is on his Honeymoon and he still gets online to post at FEOA!!!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
^^LOL! Yeah well she was pre-occupide each time I got on. (Getting ready or something of the sort)

·
Registered
451 Posts
thats hardcore dude...what, you sneak the laptop into the bathroom...lol

if she comments that she can't use them, you could always bolt em up to the ceiling in your honeymoon suite ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts