FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a low temperature thermostat for my 2000 ZX2. Works perfect on a cool day on the freeway. But, when you are city driving in the summer the fan needs to come on. The fan turns on at the stock thermostat, defeating the purpose of having the low temp thermostat. How do I make the fan turn on 15 degrees cooler? 8O

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would just ran a stock temp theromstat... Mine doesnt get hot sitting in traffic even with the AC on. As for wiring it to a switch, I think thats pretty dumb when its designed to come on a certain temp. If your car gets to hot, try changing coolant and get a radiator flush kit..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Your car is designed to run as warm as they can safely run it for emission reasons, It runs cleaner (when properly tuned and everything) if it is warmer. That doesn't mean it runs better. The aftermarket business is big because so many people want to change what the factory did. After 10 years in auto parts, running a switch to turn the fan on a little earlier won't hurt anything and you won't be the only one on the street with that set-up. I have found in 85+ temps and high humidity my car works alot better with the 180 t-stat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.