FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a set of low c/r forged pistons for a 1.9 cvh. I have looked on the net for some time now and can't find anything. I need the pistons because the stock ones won't stop cracking at low psi on the turbo set up. has any one else had this problem? I have alresdy blown 2 engines at 10psi and the pistons are by far the weak link.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
call up wiseco or JE and have them build a set of custom pistons.

I can't believe you popped two pistons and your rods are holding up fine.

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
James92Scort said:
call up wiseco or JE and have them build a set of custom pistons.

I can't believe you popped two pistons and your rods are holding up fine.
If some one is breaking stock pistons at low boost, they have a problem. It's called detanation. Replacing the pistons with stronger one's is'nt the right way to fix this problem.

·
Administrator
39,358 Posts
dude... i run 15-17psi on stock pistons/rods and 9.7:1 compression...

if you got problems with breaking pistons, you either got a serious cooling problem, doing nothing to correct your timing, serious lean out. hows your intercooler?

...define low boost?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am runing a carb. I am not having any detonation problems, their is no pinging and the spark plugs look good.I have a large fmic. the only part of the piston that has broken are the ring lands.

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
broken ring lands are all most allway's caused by deto.

How much boost or hp are you running now that's giving you probelms. And how much power do you want?

How do you know your not running lean?

If you want to save your self some money and time, just get the CFI (regular 4 door) motor, If you now have a GT head. That will lower your compresstion allowing for more boost and agressive ignition timing.
Or if you all ready have the CFI motor, swap to a 1.9 HO GT yead and fuel injection to lower your comperstion, if that's the case you'll pick up some power from the better head/intake manifold and fuel injection. Plus have the benifit of lower comprestion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts