FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,229 Posts
Was it a quality direct fit O2 sensor that was installed and is A/F wired up correctly or accurate? Was it installed before or after the issue? Does it idle/run OK? I doubt you have an injector dumping fuel, but it is possible. I ask about the O2 stuff because that is what the A/F is run off of. The signals are conflicting and I wonder why...

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was a bosch uni 1 wire o2 sensor. the a/f splices into that wire if i am correct.it was installed after the issue. it idles a lil rough, and when i floor it, it is sluggish until 2 or 3 rpms then it acts normal. also the exhaust gases are cold and smells like gas.

· Registered
1,117 Posts
my 92 EGT is a single wire as well, but I didn't cheap out and get the universal 1 wire, I did at first and it ran terrible! I returned that junk and got the 60 dollar denso one, never will regret that! works so great!

· Registered
5,229 Posts
Tuning the VAF will change the spring tension on the vane door. It will allow more or less air than meter "believes". I believe turning the ring CCW a few turns will lessen the tension, thereby allowing more air than meter registers...
Same concept as tuning a B code or H code hybrid. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

· Registered
346 Posts
Injector blown out perhaps?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.