FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around today, nothing out of the ordinary or rough. I was behind a car making a turn. After he had made his turn, I have it some gas.

As I did this, it began to run poorly and loudly. I backed off the throttle and babied it to my destination. I checked my fluids, any loose cables. None that I could see. I notice my check engine light is flashing at me.

I turn it off and let it cool for about 2 hours. I baby it back home with the same conditions. With it running, I see exhaust coming out near the manifold, where it connects to the block.

Any starting points to check? Thanks. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no new heads or manifolds. It did have a timing belt replaced and the heads inspected 30K ago, though.

Sounds pretty reasonable. If anything, I'll cut the cats out. Live in a county that doesn't require emissions checks, and I don't plan on really selling this car.

Is there anything I should look for while taking the manifold off? I don't see any obvious obstructions, but is there something I should be watching out for? To make life a little easier. Thanks.

I suppose I couldn't cut the cats out, as I don't feel like buying a delete for the 02 sensor...

Is there a way to check the quality of the 02 sensors?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts