FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Cow's right on here. The position in the head is different in fact the valves lengths are different from the HO to the 2gen and CFI. 1.65 and 1.68 isn't that different but granted any less lift is unwanted.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't know if I have this information anywhere on paper. I just remember taking a set of HO valves to my head guy and he told me that the valves were too short. At that point I asked him if we could just lower the valve seat deeper into the head and remove the extra material. This is when I found out the angle on the valve was different. The bigger HO valve would contact something but I don't recall what it was.

At any rate I have used rockers from a CFI head on my HO head with no issues. Question; is your lifters pumping up correctly? By mistake I put a 1.6 cam in a 1.9 head and about half the lifter would work correctly and the other half didn't. I messed around for a week before I figured it out. I always check the cam bore and cam journals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.