FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to turbo my '88 wagon. I'm planning on swapping the head and intake manifold to the HO 1.9. Staying with CFI bottom end for lower compression. Plan is to use a EXP turbo exhaust manifold. Merkur Xr4ti or Tbird turbocoupe ecu vam and injectors.

Not looking for big power or broken records. Just want a bit more power out of my daily while keeping it reliable.

My main questions concern the wiring harness changes. I'm expecting to have to change the engine harness to a GT HO harness. Is my expectation correct? Has anyone had any experience with this or know exactly what I need parts-wise? Is there anything else I need to change out for the head and intake swap?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
240 Posts
You will need a gt motor/efi harness. The intake parts and ecu from a xr4 if you want to use its vam/injectors. However with a cfi botom end and ho top end you will have very little compression until the boost kicks in. Like 6:1. So you want a small fast spooling turbo.
Also have you thought about a bike carb swap? Its far less work as the uk 1.8l intake is supposed to be the same are our 1.9l cfi motors. You need a older 3 pin tfi, 1-2 psi fuel pump and a few small bits if I recall right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts