FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently costumized(can't say modified for ins purposes,je,je :lol: ) my suspension with dropzone springs and while I was replacing them,noticed my factory struts were shot.I have been searching for prices on KYB G2's and the best price i've found is $48.00 ea thru THE TIRE RACK
Does anyone know of a site that has them at a better price?
I'm NOT looking for a cheaper strut.Looking for a better price on a good strut set. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Best I can get is $73 a strut plus shipping. Honestly if you want a good quality strut I'd go with the Tokico "Blue" struts ($71 each if memeory servers). They have a lifetime warrenty. They are not the same as the S/R struts.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Sorry Matt, didn't mean to grab a possible customer from you (especially since it won't gain me a thing).

http://www.oemfordparts.com/

Wait until the page fully loads, then click on Search in the top left of the page and type in "tokico" The only search result is the one you want.

The rear struts are nearly identical to stock rears (except that they're gas charged). The fronts have shorter, fatter piston rods. You'll need to ream out the stock plastic strut bearings a bit to get them to fit over the fatter rods (you can just force the stock boots over the rod, they'll stretch enough). Otherwise, they bolt right up. The rears could stand to be a little stiffer on my wagon, but that's what I get for using shocks designed for a nose heavy coupe :p

(If you want to install sleeve type coil-overs you'll need to knock off the dust seals with a mallet so that the sleeves will fit over.)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
no problem my good man. I tried getting the S/R struts ligned up but couldn't find anyone willing to give me "jobber" pricing on them. I'll look again once I catch up on all my darn projects. I personally like the Tokico's having a lifetime warrenty so I'll probably go with those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.