FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into a spoiler for the 2003 ZX2 and i'm having trouble deciding on what to get. I looked into the tiburon and celica spoilers, but to use them I'd have to cover the holes...I want some thing kind of subtle, but that would look decent and covers the whole of the rear end of the car.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
just get a carbon fiber trunk and forget the spoiler. The CF trunk looks WAY better than any spoiler.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not looking for a ricer spoiler. Just something tasteful that doesn't look as offensive and awkward as the factory spoiler.

And no, I'm not looking for downforce, just PLEASING aesthetics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't know if it's what you are looking for, but I want to part with a JSP Grand Touring 60" wing. It was professionally painted titanium silver and was on '91 GT for 2 months. It looked good, but not from every angle. I got in the first place because I GT'ed and LX and didn't want to drill all the holes in perfect quarter panel for the three piece. I have run about 3 years with out spoiler and want to go stock GT again. I rises about 9", is about 10" deep, and the mounting posts are about 14" apart.

·
Registered
299 Posts
travism91 said:
do you really need down force for a 150hp(not even) car?
... idk how fast i was going but i wrapped my speedo around to 0 in my gt. i was going with a mazdaspeed protege wing, but i already know im gonna have to redo the holes. imo the celica wing looks pretty boss.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, truth be told, I pulled a rear wing from an old celica gt. It was the earlier 90's one with the flip-up headlights and the hatchback. Anyway, the sides to the three piece are gone, but I pulled the center portion off and installed it alright. It almost looks like it belongs there. For the time being, I covered the old holes with electrical tape and unless you are looking for it, you can't even see it. I'll have to get the holes bondo'd and the decklid repainted, but I can do that sometime over the summer. Oh and also, I put a football sized dent in my front right fender...just FYI

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Just but a trunk at the junkyard from a zx2 without a wing. Hole problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts