FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, Well here is the story.. i was walkin around junkyards today tryin to find somethin to fix my car (was actually tryin to find a sledgehammer) when i found this.. a 1990 Ford Fiesta, Beat RIGHT to hell! But this thing is SOO nice - here is what it was new

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Power comes from a 1988 Mazda 323 GTX 1.6 DOHC Turbo engine fitted with a CT 26 unit off a MR2, Miata ported and shortened intake with 4 extra injectors controlled by an SDS EIC, front mount intercooler off a MR2, Turbo XS manual boost controller, Type H blow off valve, Bosch external fuel pump, and all the GTX's engine controls( ECU, knock control, etc.) It has since run a best 1/4 mile of 13.3 @ 106 mph with big traction problems.

217 000 KM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well someone beat the hell out of it and wrote *slut* a couple times in the paint

But they asked for bids on the thing in a sealed auction and i kinda thought it was funny.. i bid $200 (CAN) for this

Here is the webpage from the site : http://www.sdsefi.com/features/jan01festiva.htm

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Did you win it or just bid and are waiting for results? With all the parts on that engine I would buy the thing for like $1k and it would still be a good deal.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
you should check out the Trek to Texas from a couple of years ago out of Turbo & High Tech Performance mag...they had one that a guy swapped a 1.6 GTX into...it was very nicely done and fast as heck since it weighed so little....nice deal though for 200...I would have bought it...adn if I had taken actual time to really read the post instead of just the pics I would have noticed the bit about the turbo....lol..

·
Registered
710 Posts
That is just so cool. You can do so much with a Festiva. With it's squared wheelbase, you feel like you're driving a rally car because of its tendency to hop.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That looks like Cam Waugh's car. He is a legend on FordFestiva.com . His car had the round headlights (I think he said they were Hellas) behind clear lexan covers. It may also be a copy of his. That is COOL! I have a '97 Aspire that I would like to drop a B6T into. I wish I could get that motor.
Where is it located?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
man, if i cheked feoa earlier i woulda been the first to reply to this post.
I'VE AUTO-X'ed AGAINST THAT CAR! i was wondering what the hell engine was packed into it, i never got a chance to look. i thought it was just a turbo'd festiva. amazing. i'm 99% sure he had an N2O setup on it awhile ago, it may have been removed since, because i distinctly remember people at the autoX saying "maybe he's using his NOS this run", and he had a couple fire extinguishers mounted. if i also remember correctly, on his 2nd run at said autoX the car actually crapped out and stalled..heheh...the name Cam really does ring a bell though. i think he's had a variety of vehicles setup for soloII courses, one being an older gen MR2 completely decked out.

would i like to beat on the punks who messed with that car.... good luck in the bidding!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so yea.. that is cam's car.. but apparently the tranny is gone, all the guages are removed, and the eic for the injectors was removed too, so im not even sure if its worth it.. PLUS windows and shit... its located at a SGI Salvage yard in regina right now.

·
Registered
750 Posts
you know what you guys, that was in Super Street in October Of '01.
it has(d) 169 hp at the wheels (5300). and then 189 lb ft of torque.(3000)

and a whole list of goodies.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i've read about this car... wow that is a shame. You know it could have been some hick that thought it was a rice rocket all show no go and vented his 8cyl rage on it. it happens... sad sad sad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WHAT THE FU*K!!! What the hell did they do to it? Seeing Cam Waugh's car completely destroyed just pisses me off so much.

Shows that people have ZERO respect for anything. His car was amazing. 15" BBS wheels, Integra seats, custom headlights, he was the first one to do the GTX motor swap, and he is working on a kit to fit a G25M-R transmission to the festiva's. That car was super sweet before some asshole came along and destroyed it for no good reason!

Even in its current shape, that car is still worth about 2 grand IMO. It was featured in Super Street, Sport Compact Car and a couple other mags that I can't remember.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Location or new owner?

Hi everyone im sorry to see what happened to this amazing car. I would though like to buy the car or at least the suspension cam put on there. Does any one know where this car is located or who owns it so I can contact them right away?

Dominick Marino
1993 festiva l w/ b6 + 60 shot of the good stuff ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts