FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble locating these; I'm assuming there are relays for both, but I'm not sure.
I have a 94 lx (wagon) with the 1.9 SOHC.

Why? (I know some will try to discourage me, but bear with me - it's a second car for experimentation only)
I'm doing experimentation on my car and wanting to see if belt removal (a/c, P/S, and alt) will yield any mpg results. I tested it this spring to no avail; absolutely no gains - even slightly hindered economy.
My only explanation for this is the difference in voltage with the alternator absent; computer and sensors needing higher voltage, and fuel injectors not dispensing as much fuel as they would with 14.4v.
I have a small 4V battery to test with, which should bring my system voltage up to about 15.5V when loaded. The trouble is, it's a SMALL battery. I don't want it being used for my starter, headlights, fan(s), radio, fuel pump (might make a difference, probably not), etc. All that other stuff is fine for me at 12V.
If I can't find a way to put the extra battery inline with the fuel injector relay and EEC relay, I'll probably just find a way to wire the starter straight to the battery and use that for testing, but there has to be a way to do this.
Thanks in advance for your help in finding these!
Matt

·
Registered
457 Posts
Both relays are behind the ashtray below your radio. Remove the center section and you will see. One is green the other is brown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.