FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've been trying to figure out a logo for a long time. I am going to have my brother-in-law do the final version as he is an awesome tattoo artist and this drawing would be right up his ally... no pun intended.

So here is the general concept of my logo. what are your thoughts?

Keep in mind stick figures are hard for me so something this good is a once in a life time thing for me. I was not blessed with drawing skills but technical skills :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:D That is without doubt the daftest logo I have ever clapped eyes on!!!!!**** At first I thought it was rabbits' ears, then I thought it might be a fat lady standing on her head pulling on her 'roll-on' (corset)!! Truly weird!! 8O

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom: Depending on how you look at that it could be good or bad. :) Any suggestions one what you do or don't like?

Penny: Daft being good or bad? LMAO

like I said someone with real artistic talant will do it so a final version would be much better. I've done a couple versions myself and like different things from different ones. I've gone through several ideas. The original thought was something like the old Rat Fink drawings. Head over to ratfink.org if you don't know what they are. The new design was actually a wheel/tire with the tire lettering being thge business name and the header pipes coming out.

I'm having a hard time figuring out something. Obviously it has to some how incorperate the name and theme (you know... "hauling ass") without being totaly offensive. I also want to include some "old skool" things like flames etc. but also not single me out to only hot rods etc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The idea of using an ass in a logo for a company called "bare" end" makes sense, but you have to think about what you want the logo to be used for. those ratfink drawings are too detailed to be used for a logo -- logos need to be able to be shrunk down small, blown up huge, or printed in one or two colors. Try converting a ratfink illustration to grayscale and you can begin to see what i mean -- the detail turns to mud. logos don't rely on detail, they are graphically explicit. imigine your logo as a rear window decal. Look at the A T&T logo, or the Song logo, or the SONY logo. see? stimple, graphic, and in some cases simple type treatments. That's what stays in people's minds, is easy to reproduce across a myriad of media and basically just plain functional.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.