FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while Im decelerating, service lights come on and engine shuts off momentarily then picks up again like nothing happens. ???? or sometimes completely shuts off. It doesn't happen all the time ...... it happens on Freeway most of the time.... whats wrong?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The alternator can have some really wierd effects on your car if it's not working right. When mine went, my wipers and sunroof bareley moved, it was actually DRAINING my battery, and my radio would loose power and blink on and off. When I'd turn on my turn signal, the needle on my tach would jump up and down every time that it flashed, and when I'd hit my brakes, it'd drop down like half an RPM. Sometimes when I would brake and stop, my car would just jump all around at idle, and sometimes it'd stall.

I'd definitely take it into an alternator shop and have them test it (most do it for free, the one I went to did), and at worst, it shouldn't cost you more than $200, unless you do it yourself (I'd suggest paying someone to do it, because I know it sure is a bitch to get to on the 1.8's)

Good luck, I hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.