FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I named my baby OJ.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's rainy season again here on the Oregon coast, and one storm in the trunk is already wet
along with my golf clubs. Seals look ok, but obviously aren't.
I'll snap a photo later when I go out to empty the trunk.
What's the best solution? Is it the weather strip? It's not torn or anything.
Other solutions?

·
Super Moderator
6,202 Posts
Get in the trunk and spray it with water to confirm where it's coming in at. Since you have a sport it could be coming in from around the mounts on the spoiler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had trouble with the seams where the quarter panels meet the trunk opening surround. A good hard hit to the rear bumper can cause this panel intersection to leak, it is only sealed with a few spot welds and some sealant from the factory. I used Lexel clear sealant on the two ZX2s I have fixed and it sealed them right up. Start up by the rear window and work the sealant under the window seal and seal the seam down to the trunk opening, then put a thin layer in the channel between the trunk opening and the quarter panel, all the way down to the rear tail lights. Would remove the tail lights first and do underneath of them as well. Do it when it is warm, or where it is warm, if its above 60 degrees the Lexel will level out and make a nice smooth surface. It is urethane and has lasted over 5 years without leaking. It is also paintable and is treated to stay mold free. Make sure everything is super clean before you do it. You can get Lexel at Lowes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts