FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above the sump gasket is leaking on my mk4 1.6 cab, i fitted new gasket as it was leaking at the front near belts quite bad, SLIGHTLY WEEPING FROM BACK AFTER THAT TRY, Did the same again but now leaking were it was before any help please i even used a bit of sealer still no good.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the UK 1.4 oil pan gasket. Is it a string gasket, or flat type? Usually a new string gasket prevents any leaks. If you've got a flat one, try re-torquing the bolts that hold it on, and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried that as well sorry , its just a rubber gasket the one piece gasket,no matter how i do it it still leaks slowly, could it be the crankshaft oil seal.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
The easy way to figure that out is to look at the seals...if you see oil in them, you found the leak. Oil won't move up from an oil pan leak to the main seal. You may have to remove the timing belt to check the front main. If it's leaking on your belts, chances are it's the front main, as an oil pan leak usually just goes down the oil pan without getting much, if any on the belts. A leak from the front main would hit your timing belt, and that would definitely sling the stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts