FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know but many folk don't ever go looking, they(ok I)grew accustomed to using the list to see the TRUE last 25 posts, and now it's not TRUE!

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
yeah, i understand that. but there were way too many posts going straight into the off topic forum, and not alot of the tech posts were being answered. i wanted more of the tech posts to be answered to help people out. i thought by removing the off topic stuff then it might help out with it. by no means do i want to cut all the chat and talk outta the site, i love the links, pics, and movies posted in the off topic section. just wanted some more tech going into the posts is all.

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
>>You can always PM everyone to let them know when you have posted >>something that doesn't show on the Top 25
I just won't post in there. I'll use another one. Besides, I was thinking more for the reader than the poster.
Don't take my rants too seriously. maybe there was something in the coffee. :?

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
heh, sorry bout the posts not showing up madbrad. i just figured with so many posts going into the off topic forum, it was pushing any tech topics right off the top 25 list leaving them unanswered. from what i can tell it does seem to be helping out.

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
You do have the option of getting email notifications about your topics you replied too. I do on all mine automatically since I like to hear what people say. Go to your "Profile" and you will find it there.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
i got email notification for my PMs, but I don't know about posts...that would get rather rediculous.

Slapyo: Here's an off the wall idea...what if there was a top 5 for the off topic forum under the top 25? that way you can see what's going on in there without having to physically go into the off topic section, and it would stay out of the top 25 itself. :p

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
Well the nice thing is you don't have to select "auto" on that feature. You can pick that feature for that one topic at the bottom of your reply area. I use to do that before, but since we have the choice of auto feature it works out nice for me. James, I can see your point about not wanting to be notified about your posts.....post ho....digger. :lol: :wink: But your idea of the "Top 5 for Off Topic" is good, maybe Donnie and Matt will consider it. :thumbleft:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts