FEOA Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hrrmmm... I already have two LCD's in my scort, but I was thinking about getting another one. How hard would it be to relocate my speedometer? Because I kinda want a TV right up in front of me. :)

I'd just move the speedo to the left a bit, and put in a seperate after market one, like all those after market tach's. I'd put that to the left, and have a little of the left hand side and all of the right hand side of my gauge pod taken up by an LCD that I could mould into the old housing of all my gauges. Then, I'd just get an after market tach (Probably one of the pillar type ones), and I'd rewire my gas and engine heat gauges next to eachother in the space left under the speedo to the left of the TV.

It's kinda crazy, and really illegal, but it'd sounds like a fun project. That, and then I'd for sure be big pimpin... lol

Hmmm... time to do some reasearch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats, that is the worst idea in the history of the universe.

Don't even think about it for 1 second. People have a hard enough time driving with a f'in cell phone much less watching a movie.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
8O ... wow. Sorry, that is a pretty dumb idea... I don't think I'm going to Detroit anytime soon, as I might be rearended because you can't stop staring at the naked chicks running around in the movie you're watching.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Actually.. I can see it being done where you could use the LCD display for your guages. I doubt you (or I for that matter) have the means to build an interface for your car.

Trying to watch a film in your instrument cluster while driving is a little.. well.. disrespectful of others; others like the old lady you just flattened 3 blocks back.. or in your world, right before the fight scene started. And yes, you would get pulled everywhere you go, and probably heavily ticketed each time... too easy to see from outside the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already have an LCD up front right by my shifter, and I don't watch it when I drive. Girls Gone Wlild being on or not. :)

It's pretty easy not to stare at once you get over the inital shock of how badass it it. :p

It's possible....... :)

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
i'd be all for it. would be really cool. maybe you could set it up so that you can't watch that screen unless the parking brake is on. i know they have setups like that. would be sweet to get it to display a digital readout of anything you wanted from the car. rpms, temps, things like that.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
dnewma04 said:
Congrats, that is the worst idea in the history of the universe.

Don't even think about it for 1 second. People have a hard enough time driving with a f'in cell phone much less watching a movie.
:roll: The mind boggles, dunnit? 8O Bad enough being pulled over because of a chipped windscreen/too large a sticker etc., etc., ...

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
In Ontario and I'm guessinf every state and province, it is against the highway traffic act(what it's called here) to have a screen visible to the driver.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same laws here, but I haven't had a problem for 9 months... shit, one cop asked me where I got it because he liked it so much.

You just have to be careful... you gotta know when it's appropriate to have them on or not.

(I usually don't have it on when we blaze because I do stare at it... I'll park somewhere if I wanna play Tony Hawk. :))

·
Registered
50 Posts
Smoking up, watching a movie AND driving?

You inconsiderate jerkoff. Why don't you put on Thelma and Louise and go for some nice driving in the desert...tool.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
To answer your question, relocating the speedo isn't too hard. You'll probably need a longer speedo cable from another ford car (they're usually similar) and you'll probably have to drill a new hole through your firewall, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
from the first article:

Petterson testified that he was not watching a movie but instead was listening to music. He said his truck strayed into the other lane when he looked over to get a soda.
Haha. That the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Here's the uncensored Siragan take on that. (warning: not G rated)

Translation: Petterson was masturbating to the seducing voice of Kayla, a 6 year old latino girl from the "Sesame Street Kids Gone Wild" DVD. He said his truck strayed into the other lane when he was climaxing while fumbling to knock back another shot of Jagermeister.

But wait, it gets better:

"I remember looking over to get my soda. I looked up and the saw the Jeep coming at me. I said, 'Oh God,"' Petterson testified.
Directions:
  • 1. Remove hands from genitals
    2. Turn wheel

Who the f*** says "Oh, God" before they get into an accident? Personally, I like to light up a cuban cigar and make a vodka martini in that second where my life flashes before my eyes, but that's just me.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
LMFAO.

Not quite what I thought you were going to say, knowing that Petterson had a male passenger (whom he might have been reaching over to service), but top marks for creativity.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
siragan said:
from the first article:

Petterson testified that he was not watching a movie but instead was listening to music. He said his truck strayed into the other lane when he looked over to get a soda.
Haha. That the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Here's the uncensored Siragan take on that. (warning: not G rated)

Translation: Petterson was masturbating to the seducing voice of Kayla, a 6 year old latino girl from the "Sesame Street Kids Gone Wild" DVD. He said his truck strayed into the other lane when he was climaxing while fumbling to knock back another shot of Jagermeister.

But wait, it gets better:

"I remember looking over to get my soda. I looked up and the saw the Jeep coming at me. I said, 'Oh God,"' Petterson testified.
Directions:
  • 1. Remove hands from genitals
    2. Turn wheel

Who the f*** says "Oh, God" before they get into an accident? Personally, I like to light up a cuban cigar and make a vodka martini in that second where my life flashes before my eyes, but that's just me.
HAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahahaha

:bows: to the almighty siragan. I wish i had an overactive imagination.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
if the main purpose of the car were to be a show car I would see it as pretty cool...but otherwise it would not be a real good idea imo....unless like stated earlier you could build an interface and programs for the gauges to appear on the lcd

1 - 19 of 19 Posts