FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My question is in regards to the keyless entry system for a 1999 zx2 2.0L. I've owned this car for a little over a year now, and up until a few months ago my keyless entry remote seemed to work fine. However, the timing belt recently broke on the car and ever since we got it replaced, the silly remote has stopped working.

I have searched this forum quite diligently trying to find a solution to this problem and I came across many posts which indicated that I try to reset the system by turning the key on 8 times in 10 seconds. I did try this, and yes it did work -- but the problem is that it only works temporarily (maybe for like 10 minutes), and I'm trying to figure out what is causing this. Is there something I could be doing that is disrupting the signal between the car and the remote? I am totally at a loss for what to do and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

·
Super Moderator
6,177 Posts
replace the battery in the remote

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.