FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I put a K&N FIPK in my 1.8L GT and it was the same in the low end torque (really shitty), was a little louder overall, and definetly had a better top end, which is where I usually run it. Shit, that thing pulls even over 6100rpm. On top of that, when I´m revving my engine, it has this fantastic sucking sound like someone blowing through a straw, only louder, and it really kicks ass. Throttle response is better and the whole accelerator feels like it has better control and is just snappier.

What they tell you about different filters for different cars is bullshit. I bought mine to be used specifically for my car,and I could have purchased ANY filter and made it fit. So don´t worry about stressing to get the exact perfect filter. Just make sure they´re around the same shape/size and have a similar diameter opening.

Well, the 1.9L sucks at high rpm, at least stock it does... that poor engine just totally loses power over 4700rpm.. it´s like it hits a power wall. Stops pulling altogether, just revvs to a whiny weedwhacker sound. Yeah, I´m definetly glad I made the switch to the 1.8L. What a difference.

Congrats on the install. Helping probably the biggest weakness of the 1.9.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
01-05-2003 at 21:52, 95EsortSittinLo wrote:
was it hard too put in?
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Took me a couple hours cause I had to take everything out on the right side of the engine bay, drill/rustproof new mounts, modify the RX-7 VAF, change a/f ratios, take the radiator coolant overflow tank and move it to the engine side of the "divider" in the front right side of the engine bay, and then I had to put in some new hoses to accomidate for the CAI setup I have.

But assuming you´re doing a normal install, it takes like all of ten minutes. Freakin easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts