FEOA Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
My ex wiped out a 75 chev caprice 2dr that I bought from my grandmother for $600.The insurance company offered me $900 and I refused it I proved the condition of the car brought them advertisements for comparable cars I got $3500 and kept the car which I sold for $200.plus they paid her medical,$2500 then they paid for a month on a rental car,plus another $4000 for pain and suffering so for my $600 I walked away with $10,000 because we had medical insurance but they didn´t have to know that.Bottom line is If you can prove the loss you will get paid.And it was a loss because I had several offers on the car and an invitation to join a pretty exclusive car club cause it was a sweet car.when she called me from the hospital she got really pissed cause the first thing I asked was "How´s the car?"But hey, she was on the phone so I knew she wasn´t dead.Right?.......

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hey James,

Have you considered picking up a Contour SVT? Provided you can find one, it´d probably cost you about $13-15K and the insurance is the same as a base Contour. I was in the GTP this weekend and was behind an SVT at a toll booth. I know they´re fast but this guy took off and I actually had trouble keeping up, which is rare. Dunno if he was modded or what, but it sounded and looked completely stock. You´d get an SVT V6, leather interior, and a great looking appearance package for like half of what you´d pay for the WRX. Granted it´s an older car, and a (gasp) FORD, but hey, it´s worth the money.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Honestly, Zeemax I have looked around town for one, (but not on ebay for some reason), but I have seen 2 in the past few years since I found out they existed...and I saw these two in the same night. You´re right, you get a 60 degree V6 w/ H.O. heads on it pushing 200 hp to the front wheels on a 2800 pound car, and you do it sitting on leather. But it isn´t as fast as the WRX, and it is another Ford. Although I´m not brand loyal, I´d rather buy my dream car if the price is right. I have found WRXs (on ebay) that were marked to $10k dollars or so. (Yeah, it´s an auction but that is half off what I´d expect to pay for a brand new WRX, and I´d still have half or so of the 3 year warranty.)

If this SVT Contour was gaining away from you then he had to have had it modified, because I doubt they´re faster than GTPs stock. I believe they´re in the 7 second range. (I´d tell you for sure but carstats isn´t coming up).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts