FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i caught myself thinking on getting a turbo and a starter motor....i mean like a high rpm starter motor mater to a turbo(the trbine part only(....something to similar to a mercedes benz turbo(kompressor models).....the ones on the benz are electronic turbo capable of putting out 20 psi of boost.....thing is is i will do this only on WOT......do you guys think am insain or am i just plain crazy?......anything will be greatly appreciated......

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
you are "insain"

I hope you realize that turbochargers can reach 150,000 rpm. That's why they give out that distinctive whistling sound.

I would imagine that the kompressor benz's is geared differently or has a completely different blower.

What I think would be cool and hasn't been done yet is stealing the VICS solenoid and creating an "exhaust BOV". It wouldn't be hard to make, and could be done for less than 20 bucks. All you need is some vacuum tube off a junker car, the VICS solenoid off a GT, a spare TB, and some spare exhaust piping off a donor car. A couple hours in the machine shop with a welder and you could throw it in right before the cat.

·
Registered
914 Posts
What would be the point of this, exactly, Sirigan? I mean, if he didn't have a turbo and all. If you're saying use it with a turbo, smack me 'cause I feel dumb. :?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i get what you mean siragan....anyway just a thought though...i may or may not do it but just in case i come across one of those kompressor models at work or at the junkyard ill take a peek or take off the turbine...anyway thanks for the feedback....

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Well if you're pulling the "kompressor" of a junk benz, then yeah, go for it. I thought you were trying to build your own. That would probably fail miserably.

Also, check out what the power requirements are to run the "kompressor". Chances are that you'd have to re-evaluate the way you feed it electricity, because I can tell ya- boost ain't cheap (money or energy wise).

The exhaust BOV can be used on either turbo apps or n/a. I just thought it would be cool.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
The "kompressor" is not an electrically driven supercharger.. it's an eaton blower that can be turned on and off (via an electric clutch like the one on your A/C compressor) by the computer depending on the way the car is driven.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts