FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I finally found out why my Scort has been running like crap. Have a bad case of BAD HEAD GASKET!! :cry: I didn't overheat the car, I think the 16 year old gasket finally gave out. The car has never overheated since I've own it and that's been 100,000 miles ago. Had the car at the shop to get a running problem checked which I thought was caused by my a/c. When the shop trys to start my car, it doesn't want to crank. After they get it cranked the second try, white steam/smoke bellows out of my muffler. And if you have seen my muffler, the steam shot straight up like a smoke stack!! They get the car in the bay and I smell antifreeze big time. The head mechanic was on the other side of the shop when I was explaining what was happening. He automatically said, "Bad head gasket." Well, that means my car will be out of commisson for about a week or two. I pulled my subs out so they wouldn't play with them. LOL I will keep everybody posted on the outcome.

·
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should be getting my car back sometime this week. They resurfaced the head, replaced four valve guides and did some other things as well. I take them the oil, filter and antifreeze I use for them to finish up Monday. It will be nice to drive my Scort again. :wink: I missed this weekends dB Drag due to it being in the shop. :cry:

·
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man. Your car looks really nice. Keep up the great work.

·
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, was heading out to dinner tonight and my car starts running like crap. Sounds like it was running on two cylinders. Kicking and jerking the whole time back home. I'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow to kill...er..I mean see what they can find. :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts