FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time finding the info so I figured I would ask.......What seems to be the best intake for the buck with the 2nd gen GT's.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i have a K&N, but from what i can tell the GT intake is very well made and puts out just about as well as a K&N, so the only thing to really do is maybe remove the resonator on your stock intake

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Neuman had an Accord intake on his GT before he swapped in his GTX. I have the how-to on my website.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i would just suggest make your own... get pipe from a local auto parts store (9 times out of 10) you have to ask and order it from the distribution center but they do carry mandrel bent curves and straight sections that way you can piece together your own intake and make it go where you want like down into the opening behind the headlight and beside the fender... you could probably piece one of those together and take the pipe to a place to have them powdercoated so it looks perdy for less than an intake made from a company. and then its run where you want it too its not just a short ram (sucking in hot underhood air) that you paid entirely too much for its a real cold air intake for less. and you would deff see more gains this way.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I have one of CTA's on my 2nd Gen SPI and I can't complain. Looks nice and does it's job.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
If you have a 3" MAF housing use the 3" pipe. If you have the 2" MAF housing from the 91-93 use the 2.5" pipe or you'll be in deep because the 3" pipe after the MAF will cause turbulance and cause a CEL.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
With the GT's VAF I don't think it would make a real big difference. Just figure on losing a bit of low range torque and the power band shifting up into the upper rpm range with the larger tubing. But the difference isn't huge so whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i made a 3" intake for my gt using a rx7 vaf and removed the resonator box after the vaf. weith the bigger pie i lost 3 hp, and 5 tq on dynos between the 2. i got better response just from a prm intake with the sheild removed and a vaf with the stock piping and box to the tb, my intake piping i made had very very little curvy to it, was as straight as it could get it. 2.5 should be the best if you do swap. plus the cta, even though a good company has a 90 degree bend in the piping. like exaust you want a smoth transition, not things that will slow th eair down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts