1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no dice on the RX-7 injectors...
OR the RX-7 VAF...
OR the MX3 seats..

all I got was a lousy gas cap (my retention strap broke on mine) for a buck...

THE SEARCH GOES ON!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
well atleast it wasnt a total waste....i need to be headin to the junkyard pretty soon to get a fender and a door...gotta have my car fixed before the big 1 year mark since i wrecked it...comin up in july.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What years would I need to be looking for injectors from a RX7, I know Second gen, but what years does that all cover.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They did have a ´91 EGT with a complete motor and a ´91 Protege with same. Anyone need part or all of theses engines?

The EGT had 191K on it and the Protege had 238K. I´m sure the blocks or heads or intakes would be good for a rebuild.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Dude guess what I found today! lol I ripped out that intake that goes into the bottom of the filter box (don´t need it anyway) and in that little cubby hole I found my bit extension and my radiator fluid overflow cap! lmao

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thats ok, one time i accidently left my oil cap off after filling it and drove that way for 2 days without knowing it! :-o Then when it starting knocking I looked under the hood and was like, holy shit! Lucky for me the cap had wedged itself somewhere under there and I got it back together. Lets just say I never did that again. However I did live a wrench under the hood of my new scort and didn´t find it till 3 weeks later! :-o Talk about luck.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
02-04-2003 at 21:50, bpletch1 wrote:
They did have a ´91 EGT with a complete motor and a ´91 Protege with same. Anyone need part or all of theses engines?
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Hey bill, I *think* I need the ignition module from the 91GT if you could pull it, lmk.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it´s still there next Wednesday I certainly could. Admission is $2 and the part "shouldn´t" cost more than another $2...add shipping and there ya go. Let me know for sure, I don´t want to head up there for nothin´ (about an hour round trip).

Anyone else??? I could put together a shopping list and do it all at once!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hey man, i could use the little air box tube that goes into the valve cover....if ya can swipe it for me.

Also bill....I dunno how "honest" u are, but there´s a junk yard up here that charges admission and general parts for everything...meaning nothing specific. They dont check u for stealing so i took 4 injectors from an EGT. (i bought a caliper and a rotor, so i didnt just go to steal) I wound up making over 300 bucks for the injectors. So if ur into makin a little cash and ur morals arent too high, i definitely recommend that. :-Y

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not a bad idea...would you give me $300 for the little air box tube??? ;-)

seriously though, how did you sell the injectors for $300??? eBay?? locally??

·
Registered
911 Posts
um yeh...not like injectors can be traced.. i sold one at a time about 6 or so months back till they were gone. injectors are expensive!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts