FEOA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
nope... just take care of it, and drive it til the wheels fall off... then put them back on and keep driving it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well dont know how long that will be lol shes kinda beat, but i have alredy spent 400 tonight/this morning on ebay..... more then i paid for the car, damn...lol

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
Check for broken rear springs and check the PCV elbow for vacuum leaks. Other than that you should be OK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car will not start now. I replaced the battery terminals because they were crap and there was a little thing connected to the negitive and it completly broke off.... and there is oil in the air box. I dont know what to do im gonna kick the car

·
Registered
927 Posts
Did you reconnect the wire that just "fell off"? Have you checked you leads on the solonoid to make sure that you didn't bump one of them off while adding the new ends? If everything is tight there, it sould should start. Oil in the air box is not the best sign though, it could have resulted from a faulty PCV valve. Shouldn't be that much blow-by...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked everything. I think it is comming down to old gas in the tank. I went and got about 6 gallons of premium and put it in there. She wants to start she is trying so hard and getting so close. Im gonna do thee fuel filter next. How difficult is this on this car? Are there any recomendations to add to the fuel to help clear some of the water or bad gas or whatever out of it?

And it wasnt a wire it was a piece of metal connected to the negitive terminal and it was broken about 98% off and when i loosend the old terminal it broke

·
Registered
927 Posts
The fuel filter will just about bite you when you open the hood. You can start with that. It may be that after sitting long enough that filter is pluged. Have you had the car running? Driven it? Timing belt?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it ran yesterday. It started no problem. It ran good except when i had to stop at red lights i had to put it in neutral because it would try to shut off if i didnt. The Battery is dead now so im waiting for the queen to get home to jump it for me. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well a new fuel filter, fuel pump, inertia switch, plug wires and air filter later and BAM it was just a disconected ground all along. It was the wire that fell off. I gues it wasnt grounding right the first time I reconnected it.. but hey no harm no foul right. The car still runs like hell though. Im gonna lower it any suggestions? also i was thinking about putting new headers on any suggestions there?

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
kingschreck said:
The car still runs like hell though. Im gonna lower it any suggestions? also i was thinking about putting new headers on any suggestions there?
I think you should get it running right before you do anything else to it.

How amny miles are on it?
Did you check for vacuum leaks with a MityVac?
How old is the IAC? I replaced mine at 150K and it was way overdue.
Did you clean the throddle mod and the MAF sensor?
How old are the spark plugs and what type? I recommend Autolite APP5144's.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
zzyzzx said:
kingschreck said:
The car still runs like hell though. Im gonna lower it any suggestions? also i was thinking about putting new headers on any suggestions there?
I think you should get it running right before you do anything else to it.
/\/\ Yeah that. Lowering and a header is a waste of money while it runs like crap. Curb your enthusiasm some and get it sorted out first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
-.- ..... lol i get that part :) im talking about after she is running. im gonna change the plugs today but now when i push the gas it hesitates, almost like im not even doing anything then it will take of like 2 seconds later

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
kingschreck said:
-.- ..... lol i get that part :) im talking about after she is running. im gonna change the plugs today but now when i push the gas it hesitates, almost like im not even doing anything then it will take of like 2 seconds later
I have the Pacesetter header and a 50% UDP. Can't tell you how much it affected performance, I've had them since I bought it and rebuilt the engine.
I've read here that lowering really makes them ride rough - my wagon is stiff enough stock! My next project is a CAI.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts