FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff , jon you guys can chime in as you both have systems similar to this.

this has likely been thought of before im sure , it was jeffscorts 5th,6th injector controller that gave me this inspiration.

this would likely work for the 1.8L's best but possible for the spi,sefi

by making a controller similar to jeff's for a 5th , 6th injector would one for up to 4 injectors be feasible? or practical? Example you can keep your stock injector size an simply use an additional 1 - 4 stock injectors to add more fuel as your boost pressure rises . done in progression of boost pressure.
Example: at idle your using your main set as if it were stock an then as you accelerate an your psi rises to say 2psi the 5th injector is switched on , boost gets to 5psi the 6th is switched on an so on an so forth

this of course is depending on your power goals an current limits.

hopefully somebody see's what im thinking of or has an idea what i'm talking about.

OR

Depending on the platform ( BP , SPI , SEFI , Zetec ) would any of these be capable of running a piggy back set of injectors on their current driver systems? providing the resistances do no exceed the ecu's injection driver system.

i know what i want in my head but putting it to paper is where i fall short.

ok Greedy makes a unit like this but will run you over $600 8O
( GReddy Rebic IV Injector Controller )

hence why i want to try an make one for a fraction of that

~Adam

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oo i like that one. i still prefer to make one more or less to gain better understanding of how its put together.

so my next question would be , what is required to build a suitable injector driver what basic platform can i start with ?

is there a basic wiring schematic i can build a controller from or expand off of? ... jeff ? :notworthy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts