FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.juggernautslair.com/images/vehiclepics/scotimes.bmp be warned, it's a slightly large bitmap (1.some mb)

This was the autoslalom event of the QCMA (Queen City Motorsports Association, Queen City = Regina) Sports Car Olympics. The pic includes my 'highlighted' time of the course, a small paved oval track with pylons distributed as gates to pass through combined with a couple tight serpentines. The weather was quite chilly which made for very low grip for all of the racing-spec type tires. I was armed with Walmart brand "Super sport", which are essentially all seasons. The first run I got to know the course, so it was a higher time. The 2nd run just rocked. I don't think I've had adrenaline pump through me like that in countless years. I had a OC (off course) for my third run due to me locking my brakesright after the last gate before the garage endpoint, and came up to the gate skidding sideways. I didn't enter the garage, but I still broke the timer beam so I didn't officially finish. :? It woulda been a slower time anyways. I came in 3rd place of my class of 8 drivers, and came in 11th overall out of 37 drivers. Any questions about any of the other cars, just message me; I know there isn't much of a description, just the model name without trim/type or listed mods. I drove my '93 'Scort LX, mods: K&N replacement air filter, 2.25" catback w/ Dynomax Superturbo Muffler, Eibach Sport Springs w/ Tokico struts. Everything else, stock (except for the eye candy stuff).

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Way to go, Jugg! :D

You're doing better against your Corolla than I am. You beat 3 miata drivers.. which says a whole lot. Way to show them which chassis the BP motor was meant for :lol: You also beat every honda (except 1).

Jugg said:
The 2nd run just rocked. I don't think I've had adrenaline pump through me like that in countless years.
:) Sweeeet. Another testament to track racing being a better experience than street racing.

How much bank on the oval? You got any clue as to how big the oval is?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beaverboy said:
You're doing better against your Corolla than I am.
It's a completely stripped '84ish GTS at that, and Lucjan (corolla driver) is a 50 year old slalom vet...I was very surprised he didn't do better.

Beaverboy said:
You also beat every honda (except 1).
The class C civic was an lx or dx, w/the 1.6L, and an auto :lol: it's a sound/show car though, not made for autoXing fer sure. it is quite nice looking though, not ricey at all. The class B civic was a '00+ SI, I believe pretty much stock. The driver who beat me went balls out, it was one of the better runs of the day to watch.

Beaverboy said:
How much bank on the oval? You got any clue as to how big the oval is?
I know it's at MOST 30 degrees, maybe closer to 25. It's quite a small track, I'm not sure if it's even bigger than a football field. That's a good comparison anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts