FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Jeffs zetec swap, Is there any specific reason for reusing the 1.9L MAF and injectors? I was confused because they say with the 2.0spi swap to use the 2.0L MAF and injectors. Being the zetec is also a 2.0L (but DOHC) wouldnt the same rules apply?

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
I have heard both ways with the SPI swap. One guy uses the SPI injectors MAF and his car runs fine, then nezwick tries it and it runs bad, he swaps the 1.9 injectors and MAF back in and it runs great.

The basic idea is to use the injector/MAF combination that goes with the computer you are using. If your doing the Zetec swap in a 2nd gen LX and using the 1.9 computer to run it then you should use the injectors and MAF that it is programed for. Of course, if your MAF is the one with the small hole then you might want to swap up to a 94-95 MAF that is better flowing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx matt makes sense, And ya I read Nezwicks thread and I thought that it was actutally quite funny. I've been all through this forum tryin to learn everybit of what i can, and I have yet to see someone else with that same prob. Also I did manage to get a '95 lx so my mass air shouldnt be the little one.

·
Registered
886 Posts
madmatt2024 said:
The basic idea is to use the injector/MAF combination that goes with the computer you are using. If your doing the Zetec swap in a 2nd gen LX and using the 1.9 computer to run it then you should use the injectors and MAF that it is programed for. Of course, if your MAF is the one with the small hole then you might want to swap up to a 94-95 MAF that is better flowing.
If you do swap out the tiny-hole MAF for the later, larger one, make sure to get a later ECU also. My '92 wagon runs much better on the '94 ECU with bigger the '95 MAF housing I put on it. I reused the MAF sensor part from the old housing on the new one, so that I wouldn't have to splice wires. Works great. Just gotta get a new trans now. But that's a different issue.... :oops:

If you don't have EGR on your car, get a '94 ECU and the EGR vacuum solenoid and EGR sensor from a JY car (it's on the firewall behind the intake manni). It's easy to hook up the single-hose sensor to fool the ECU.... I have a write-up somewhere on here about it.

HTH!

C ya,
Dutch

·
Registered
3,149 Posts

·
Registered
9,941 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Interesting. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I remember from my try at the zetec into 2nd gen lx the only PITA is the crank sensor placement. I had other issues tho....washed out bearings suck balls lol

if you use the contour return style fuel rail you won't have that issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts