FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the second MS powered 2nd gen EVER runs now. it runs it runs it runs it runs. did i mention it runs. i havent drivin it yet but it runs.

plans: boost 10 psi all day, 15 at track.

hmm.. 15 psi, 9.5:1 compression, SPI mode...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
cool man - good to see the project came together - congrats. So what do you think of the MS?? How does it run compare to you old setup?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Congrats man!!! One day I'll be using MS Ultra like Kyle when it comes out. I might have to borrow a few maps from you when I do it.

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the afr stays tighter all arround. and its bad ass because the guage readings come thru the computer. now i can really say i have a guage for everything. oh, btw i solved the 3.8tb thing.

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya still using the narrow band until i can get some funds to get a good one. the 33lb injectors i got off ebay work perfectly. they fit like a champ.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Hey Steve, I'll be hitting you up for timing maps when the Ultra comes out. :wink: I wanna see your SPI beast on the track now. Even if it's an unofficial track. :D

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
after i fine tune it and make sure nothings going to blow up, we can go down to the local strip thats like 3 miles from my house. 2 miles of str8 road:) get this.. there is a telephone pole, then there are 3 marker posts, and on the last marker post is EXACTLY 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Just gimme a buzz when you want to do it. :D

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tracer-X said:
One day I'll be using MS Ultra like Kyle when it comes out.
ya ill just have grahm do the mod chip for me so ill have the ultra too.

·
Registered
725 Posts
would there be any benifits to a non turbo'd 2nd gen lx? j/w cause im takin an electronics class and we have to make a usable device for the final and well...ya this would be useful if it helped a non-turbo out some how

·
Registered
513 Posts
You want to make one for me?! I pay for the parts and you put the board together? I need one for when I get my 2.0 SPI and turbo.

I could do it. but you know, time is a priceless commodity at my house.

Plus my soldering skills suck!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Yeah it would be useful. Full control over your timing and fuel maps is a wonderful thing. You can kick the timing up a bit like the advance timing mod on the GT and make a little more power. Not to mention the fact that the LX ECU is a lazy son of a ______ and when it goes into cruise mode it takes about 5secs for it to respond to WOT or 2-3secs when you down shift. MS would fix that since it's MAP and TPS based.

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
any sort of stand alone fuel mgt system will make any kind of ca work better. i noticed about a 20% power increase in N/A mode.in boost mode thats something else. i cant begin to describe to you how much better it runs. i will never advise anyone to use an FMU EVER agin.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts